Monday, April 29, 2013

Life Happenings & Tummy Grumblings


We've had a highly emotional week with Nick leaving for his third deployment, but getting into a routine was super easy for me to do and now I'm just trying to chill so the kids can catch up. I've already started on decorating and getting things in order for a bachelor's degree. :)

I love when I find out I have all the fixings for a sundae :)

I read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi last week and adore the cover!


Dear Nabisco, what the hell happened to this Oreo?
It should never be busted like this in the package!

 Since my face is clearing up, it's time for more selfies.

We had a movie night and Popeye's the day before Nick left
[Nick wanted Popeye's and I thought it'd be nice to do a family movie night before he left]

What it looked like at 5:20am on the day he left.

What it looked like at 6:20am when we got back from dropping him off.

One part that is pretty cool about being a military wife [the good kind] is that you pretty much HAVE to learn how to do things that you normally wouldn't really have to bother with. My car has been acting a little funny lately and we're pretty positive it's something to do with my battery. So I cleaned the corrosion off the terminals and around the terminals. Didn't get shocked or die. I was proud :)

Fairly certain my college of choice is SUNY Empire State.
I got so much information from Mrs. Boenning at the Education Center.

We went over to our friends' house on Saturday to stay the night.
Cami never forgets her Yoshi to take with!

We grilled a bunch of meat up...and my idea was bacon-wrapped turkey franks. So good!

My friend, Jamie, brought her German Shepherd, Peanut, who is completely adorable. Cami loves him and Matthew was so much more brave around him than he normally was.

We got home early Sunday morning and checked the mail - to our surprise, the kids got balls from their buddies, Ayden & Lily [Melissa's kiddos]. They were SO excited. They love getting mail.
Don't mind the derpin'

In case you are looking for something to make for dinner/lunch/breakfast/snack in the near future and don't follow my food blog, check out these delish recipes:
[Click the pic to get the recipe]






How did your [last] week go?

 photo fortunesiggy_zps8aec6f49.png

2 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

tough week when you had to say goodbye to Nick! Hugs sweet girl!

Hearts & Crafts Boutique said...

Hope all is well!