Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Deployment Tales: Bucket List


It's bucket list time:
  • Brew a successful porter [or three]
  • Work out 4x a week
  • Decorate and organize the whole house - 1 room at a time
  • Have a kick ass yard/garden this summer
  • Send Nick a package each month
  • Celebrate one more month gone with a cake
  • Work on my education [a Bachelor's hopefully]
  • Explore the area with friends
  • Learn how to do my hair in a new way
  • Learn how to do makeup properly
  • Be a good friend
  • Be a good daughter/sister[in law] - talk to everyone once a week at least
  • Be a good FRG leader and army wife role model
To expand on all of these a little....

We decided that I could handle brewing a batch of beer about a month and a half out from Nick coming home, so he could have beer to drink. At first, it was just going to be his honey wheat ale, but then Nick said I should come up with my own recipe. While in Knoxville on a date night, we tried a delicious ruby porter and that inspired me to want to brew my own porter. I ordered everything I needed in the first week of May for my first batch. I decided I wanted to make a few porters and see which I liked best. :)

Exercise has always been a very back burner part of my life. I love to exercise, but not adult exercise. I want to play sports and run around like a kid. However, I decided to try out the elliptical at our community center and I fell in love. I listen to an audio book while I'm on it and Cami (and sometimes Matt) play in the indoor playground which is only separated by the gym by a window. Eventually I will be adding in weights and abs.

I'm going to have to write more about decorating, yard/garden, the cakes, the care packages, Bachelor's, and exploring NY in separate posts as I go. :)

Learn how to do hair/makeup - because I suck at being a girl and Pinterest inspires me to want to figure out how to make myself feel pretty!

The last three are just a combined effort to really put myself out there. I'm such a shy person and I've made many great friends lately with being involved in the FRG. Especially at the battalion level - many of the officers' wives are just amazing and friendly. But I definitely want to reach out to everyone that I love and make sure they know just how important they are in my life. You never know when something may happen, right?!

----

Also...even though he'd probably never see it...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HONEYBEAR!! <3 p="">

hoo hoo!

No comments: