Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July in Review

Well, July was a nice (sometimes hot, mostly raining) calm month. There has been a lot going on in the army side of things - I'm glad I don't take too much personally and don't get super involved, otherwise, July would've been my "I'm Clinically Insane Now" month. But I'm banking on August being awesome. In July, we went to the zoo and in August, I hope to go to the lake, the library, a local ice cream "stand", and Old McDonald's Farm. Hopefully, weather-permitting. *fingers crossed*

On the blog:
  • July 1st started out with the Summer Lovin' Readathon. It was such an amazing readathon, full of lots of really fun activities (like this Bingo board) and a whole new group of book bloggers that I didn't know about :) Here was my daily updates post and my second updates post.
  • The Monday "Life Happenings & Tummy Grumblings" posts are still my favorite. I'm glad to actually put more than just fluff, nails, or book reviews on the blog. 1 July // 8 July // 15 July // 22 July // 29 July
  • In June, I started to update my monthly TBR post throughout the month. So July is all marked up with what I finished reading and how my reading challenges are. You can see my July TBR list: here.
  • I shared part of what the battalion is doing during the deployment: the Run 4 Resilience. I talked about it for part of my Deployment Tales "series". We also hit the 3 month mark and I talked about it.
  • Nail Files has switched hosts and Jennie, nail awesomeness extraordinaire, is the new host. Still loyally linking up and very excited Jennie is keeping this link up going! Week 79: Zoya Sooki // Week 80: Zoya Wednesday & OPI Goldeneye // Week 81: Zoya Heidi // Week 82: Wet 'n Wild Pinky Sweet & Pure Ice Electric.
  • I talked about my garden and shared pictures, but I need to do an update of how the on post community people decided to take out all the shared garden beds and landscaping and replace it with grass and/or rocks. So now it looks like complete crap :(
  • I came straight out of Summer Lovin' and went to the three day long Once Upon a Readathon readathon. Here's my updates post.
  • One of my deployment bucket list goals was to exercise 4 days a week regularly. I blogged about it. Duh.
  • I've not been as good about participating in my BBFF (stole that from her) Melissa's linky: Things I Don't Love Thursday. Is it weird to run out of things I'm not loving? I talked about bugs in mid-July.
  • Stop! Pinning Time is a newer series here on FFTB to take place of The Pinspiration Project. I posted about some recipes I found via Pinterest I've tried lately and loved! I also shared some of my most repinned pins from the week. I might make this more frequent.
  • I read 18 books this month compared to 13 books last month. This literally blows my mind. I cannot believe I got through so many books. I'm 20 books ahead of my Goodreads yearly challenge. Book reviews posted this month: Under the Never Sky // Shatter Me // Mila 2.0 // Insatiable // Diary of a Wimpy Kid // Hex Hall // Hot Six // Reached // Something Borrowed


hoo hoo!

No comments: