Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My August Glam Bag.

I recently signed up for Ipsy - a monthly subscription where you get 4 to 5 beauty samples to try out. The reason why I signed up initially was because it was $10 and free shipping to the US. You get to take a quiz to try and match you up with products you would actually use. I figured that once I got my first glam bag, I'd see if it was worth it to keep my subscription.

My first month's bag turned out to be stuff I would use...lip balm, nail polish, mascara, bb cream (I'm still testing the waters with this stuff...as I'm not a huge fan of tinted moisturizer), and facial scrub.



Lip Balm by noya {in Vanilla}
This was the first thing that I grabbed to try out of my Glam Bag. I love lip balm (don't wear lipstick or gloss) and vanilla is my favorite scent. I was pleased to see that this product is not tested on animals and was even more pleased when I saw the list of ingredients. Coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil are all great products for dry or chapped skin. So far so good with the wear. It's not heavy and it smells amazing.


Nailtini nail polish {in Mai Tai}
The polish color is gorgeous. It's a reddish orange - almost coral color. The formula is not necessarily thick, but it is on the thicker side. The first coat is a bit streaky (not a lot) and not completely opaque. The second coat fixes the opacity, but is a teensy bit streaky too. However, the top coat fixes all that. It dries incredibly fast and is really shiny without the top coat! For me, it wore about the same as OPI. I would definitely buy it. And it's 3-free polish :)


Michael Todd facial scrub {Jojoba Charcoal}
I'm going to be testing this one out a little more now that the sunburn I had took care of my eczema problem. From what I did try out, it smelled amazing and made my skin feel so clean. It didn't sting or burn or make it red.


Pixi Lash Booster Mascara {in Blackest Black}

I just looked this sucker up - I guess it's a $17 mascara. Honestly, it's not a bad mascara, but it's not my favorite and I couldn't justify spending that much money on a mascara. It applies easily. It doesn't flake or clump. I have super light lashes and need more OOMPH from my mascara. I found that I wasn't the only Ipster who had issues with it smudging on my lid during application also. And it's waterproof - not a big fan of waterproof mascara. I think this would work well with people who have darker, longer, fuller lashes. But it's not for me.



Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

This one matched my skin tone on the small area I tried it in. However, I'm not a big fan of mineral makeup and I don't really use tinted cream or lotions. I actually ended up with 2 glam bags on accident and was able to give my friend my extra for her to test out. She said this made her skin really oily.

Be sure to check out Ipsy!


hoo hoo!

No comments: