Thursday, September 5, 2013

Things I Don't Love Thursday: Computer Edition


Sending attachments via the Windows Mail "app" on Windows 8.
I love having the mail app (it's the only one I use on the 8 Start screen) because it allows me to have my blog gmail open in my browser and my personal gmail open in the app. However, I do use the app to send stuff to people and it never seems to want to send my dang emails if they have stuff attached. RAWR.


The volume control no longer working on the keyboard.
We got our desktop back in late April/early May. My favorite thing was the volume control on the keyboard. I loved it. Such an easy way to deal with that. No dragging the mouse around, just a simple tap tap tap of a button. Of course, it was nice until it stopped working. Supposedly the drive is up-to-date. I tried a system restore, but that didn't work either. I tried googling and came up emptyhanded. *sigh*


Opening my laptop for the first time in 3 months.
This was so much fun. I opened up my laptop on Sunday night in the first time in forever. Forever apparently is 3 months, folks. Of course, my antivirus was like "AHHHH You haven't updated me or scanned in FOREVERRRRRR" and then simultaneously my Windows Update was like "AHHHHH UPDATE!!!" - but then it wouldn't stop giving me an error code with it and it took a few hours. I finally just gave up and shut it down. I'll work on it later.

hoo hoo!

No comments: