Thursday, October 3, 2013

TV Talk: Fall Premieres

So I haven't talked about TV in a long while. The summer was pretty boring and not much was going on, but now fall TV is in full swing! I hope to catch up on all this week's premieres this weekend. So here's what I thought.

**NEW**
Brooklyn Nine Nine

I love this cast. LOVE. Andre Braugher was in the show "Last Resort" that was cancelled (and infuriated me that it was cancelled). He is an amazing actor - just incredible. Add Andy Samberg and Terry Crews and there was no way I wouldn't give this one a shot. I am definitely going to keep watching this one - I've only watched two episodes so far though. Need to catch up.

Dads

I had high hopes for this one as it is from the creators of Ted and Family Guy AND it's Seth Green. I actually turned it off before the pilot was done because it just wasn't funny and didn't capture my attention at all. This one's a bust :(

Sleepy Hollow

I didn't really know what to expect with this one, but I think it's my new favorite tv show. The cast is great - I especially love the actor playing Ichabod. The pilot had me dropping my jaw and on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was just utterly brilliant.


The Headless Horseman....CREEPY! So so creepy.

And can we just talk about this part in the pilot? I didn't know it would be THIS creepy, but it's the picture I showed my husband to convince him that he needed to watch this show.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I had really really high hopes for Agents. I'm not sure yet if I'll keep watching - it's a maybe. The pilot was okay. But not as epic as I expected, I guess.

Mom

I really like Anna Faris and the show looked promising. This one is another maybe for me. It's not bad, but it's really cheesy and gimmicky. Lots of one liners. We'll see where it goes.

The Crazy Ones 

I could not have been more excited to hear that Sarah Michelle Gellar was getting a new tv show and it also had Robin Williams in it. I loved the pilot. It was everything that I expected and more from the two of them. It's my second favorite new show :)



RETURNING
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team: I love this show. It's in the eighth season and it just keeps getting better. I don't watch many reality tv shows, but this one is probably my favorite.
New Girl: The premiere - YES - finally Jess & Nick are together. I cannot get enough of the wittiness of this show. Not many shows make me laugh as much as NG. Just for the record, Team Cece!

HIMYM: I was not excited about dragging out the story for another season, but the premiere was good and all - even though Ted is the most annoying character of all-time.
Big Bang Theory: Another show that is past its prime. It has some good moments, but eh...I don't really look forward to it anymore. Leonard is like BBT's Ted.

Modern Family: Another incredible show that makes me laugh out loud. I actually was trying to figure out if I was going to save this one and watch when Nick got home or go ahead and indulge. Nick said to go ahead and watch it and I can happily say that I am looking forward to watching the episodes again in a few months.


SAVING
Revolution: I held off watching the last few episodes of last season because I wasn't in the mood. I finally caught up over the summer and it ended in a super amazing way. The season 1 finale was mindblowing and epic. However, I promised I'd wait until Nick gets home to watch season 2.

South Park: I like South Park and all, but this is something that I wouldn't miss if I didn't watch. SO I am waiting until Nick gets home for this one as well.

What premieres did you love/hate?
What tv shows are on your DVR?


No comments: