Friday, November 1, 2013

October Ipsy Glam Bag: The Art of Beauty

 Time for another Ipsy Glam Bag! This is my third :)
What is Ipsy?




From the Ipsy site:
          "Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month."

Now what I got...

Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush
The Coastal Scents Shadow Brush is a medium sized brush made out of natural fibers that is wide in shape and condensed to allow an even distribution of eyeshadow on the lid. This professional cosmetic brush can be used for shading the crease and highlighting the brow bone with complete precision. Retails at $2.49 [via]

My Thoughts:
At this point, I haven't yet tried out this brush but that is because I had no clue how to use it. Then yesterday, Meg posted this amazing Two Minute Tutorial all about Eyeshadow Brushes! So I am totally excited to use it now that I know what to really do with this thing :)


La Fresh® Eco-Beauty® Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes
The La Fresh® Eco-Beauty® Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes gently cleanses and detoxifies skin. Contains pineapple, vitamin E, cucumber, marshmallow, oat, aloe and chamomile extracts. These wipes are biodegradable, compostable and are packaged using clean, renewal solar energy. Paraben-free. 30-count retails at $9.99 [via]

My Thoughts: 
I really don't have much of an opinion on these wipes. They weren't my favorite, but they weren't horrible either. They were really light and didn't leave my face feeling sticky or oily (obviously since it's oil-free). I received a sample size.


Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay
The Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay creates and allover textured look with a matte finish. This spray allows for a fine and even product distribution and is great for all hair types. Full-size retails at $18.95 [via]

My Thoughts: 
I also received a sample size of this hair spray. I'm not huge on hair spray. I did use it a few days ago, but since I don't wear hair spray...like ever...I really can't make an educated review on this. One of the reasons I don't use hair spray is because I hate crunchy hair. I also don't like the horribly strong fumes that hair spray gives off. So...eh.

Zoya Nail Polish in Mason
Part of the Fall 2013 CASHMERES & SATINS Collection, these shades are created to work together with this season's most stylish runway designs and luxurious fabric blends. These ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - free of toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP). Retails at $8 [via]


My Thoughts:
Zoya's Fall Cashmeres & Satins collection is soo pretty. Since Ipsters get codes a lot of time, I was able to do a buy 2, get 1 free and got 2 more of the collection: Flynn and Maria-Luisa. Anywho, I received a full-size Mason. Unlike that first picture, Mason is actually way more purple-toned with a reddish-gold shimmer. I was really disappointed because I don't go for this color usually. I did decide to give it a try. I adore Zoya. It's great quality and 5-free and, in my opinion, affordable. Once I put it on my nails, I started to warm up to the shade. The longer it was on, the more I liked it. So I'm glad that it came in my bag and will definitely wear it again. I also worried that it would stain like most red-purples do, but it did not :)


Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers in Navy
It's easy to create a variety of looks with Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers! As an 8-in-1 product, the Mineral Shimmers are a creamy eye shadow, matte eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip color, nail polish, mascara, body glitter, and hair color for fun hair streaks! Available for purchase in 60 luminous and luxurious shades. Retails at $14.99 [via]

My Thoughts:
I guess it's pretty cool that this can turn into 8 different products, however, I'm lazy and don't want blue anything makeup wise. Blue makes me look like a clown hooker if I wear it on my eyes. I wouldn't wear it on my lips. I rarely wear blue nail polish and I wouldn't use it as body glitter or hair color. So this one is a complete bust for me and I didn't even attempt to use it, so I can't comment on the quality. It was a full-size too.


This wasn't my best glam bag, but I did get to try out some new products. Now I know I'm not a fan of certain ones and don't have to waste my money on full-size products that I don't like. :)


Check out Ipsy!

No comments: