Thursday, October 25, 2012

Betrayed [Review]

**3 1/2 Stars**

Stats:
#2 in House of Night series
314 pages [Kindle]
Published 1 January 2007
ASIN: B000UZNQQ0




Synopsis:
Fledging vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night finishing school. She finally feels like she belongs, even gets chosen as the Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, she actually has a boyfriend... or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey’s old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.


My Thoughts:
The more I pay attention to the writing, the more stars I want to dock. I cannot get over how immature and cheesy the writing is. If I ever sounded like that as a teenage girl, please shoot me now. The Twins are obnoxiously annoying. I hate how the Casts constantly have to reminder the reader that Damien is gay. He's gay gay gay. Flaming. Yep. Could he be any more stereotypical? Probably.

Underneath all that annoying stuff, I do like the actual premise. This one got cray. I mean stuff escalated quickly. I'm already a fourth of the way through the next one because I want to know what happens with Heath, Loren, and Neferet....and more Aphrodite. Is it bad that I like her? I despise the Twins, but love me some Aphrodite.



Previous Review:
Across the Universe by Beth Revis [here

[Counts toward my TBR Pile challenge: here]

Linked up at...

2 comments:

tara said...

i hate that i continue to read these books, but i've just gotta know how it ends! lol

jennie said...

Hmmm...so the plot's good enough to overcome bad writing? Very interesting. ;)