Sunday, May 1, 2022

May 2022 TBR + Challenge Update

My favorite blurb, as always: In 2022, I'm continuing to participate in the Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge (new challenge each month - May is "To Boldly Go" theme). You sign up and are split into teams and finish books for points. They also have a mini game, photo challenge, and charity challenge to get points for your team as well.

April ended up being an identical reading month to March. I read 13 books and DNF'd 1 book. However, I did finish all the books on my TBR - go me! My goal for May is just to read all of the books on my TBR. I don't know how long I can sustain reading over 10 books each month, even though that would be awesome. I have a mix of Netgalley books, Series, 5 star predictions, and past TBR books on my list for the month, so I'm really looking forward to knocking out some of these reads.

I'm way ahead on my challenges, which is always fun. I don't think I ever quite get this close with my Series challenge so quickly. In fact, last year my goal was 10 series and I hit that in June, so I'm already ahead by a bit there. If I read all 8, I'll be close to finishing my Goodreads challenge, add another series finished, finish my Netgalley challenge, and be 2 away from finishing my Hauled It challenge. The amount of excitement in completing my goals makes it all worth it to set them each year!


My TBR for May:
  • Starry-Eyed Love by Helena Hunting (Netgalley - Kindle)
  • Bet On It by Jodie Slaughter (GR Giveaway - Paperback)
  • From the Jump by Lacie Waldon (Netgalley - Kindle)
  • Always Jane by Jenn Bennett (Netgalley - Kindle)
  • Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (Purchased - Hardcover)
  • A Vow So Bold & Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer (Purchased - Hardcover)
  • You Have a Match by Emma Lord (Netgalley - Kindle)
  • It Goes Like This by Miel Moreland (Purchased - Kindle)


2021 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 33% 
Goodreads Challenge: 42/52 books - 80% AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 13/20 series - 65% AHEAD!
Netgalley Challenge: 11/13 books - 84% AHEAD!
Hauled It Challenge: 21/30 books - 70% AHEAD!

What are you planning on reading in May?

No comments: