This year, I'm trying to become a "more-rounded" reader by reading books from different years or set of years. I'm picking an "Oldie" (before 1990) and then a book from 90s, 2000s, 2010, 2011, 2012, and a "Newbie" (2013 and on). In addition, I hope to continue Random Reads, where I read one randomly selected book off my TBR and continue reading with the Goodreads groups I belong to. Plus there is the Bout of Books readathon this month, so I may try and finish my leftover books from 2013 :)
Books for January:
- 1984 by George Orwell
The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket [reread]- done 1/16
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins- done 1/9
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell [We Heart YA Books BOTM]
- The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan [We Heart YA Series Readalong] - currently reading
- Impostor by Suzanne Winnacker [Netgalley]
- Dangerous by Shannon Hale [Netgalley]
- The Queen's Choice by Cayla Kluver [Netgalley]
Although I haven't really kept as well as I had hoped for the Random Reads meme, I will be continuing in 2014. I hope to actually get around to reading the random books.
What books are on your TBR for January?
What new release books are you excited for?