I'm going to try and stick bookish here because I don't really make life resolutions. So here goes my bookish resolutions for 2014.
- Be a well-rounded reader. My TBR this year consists of reading books from different years. I have shelves for 80s and before, 90s, 2000s, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and then brand new releases on Goodreads. My goal is to read one from each shelf each month.
- Make a dent in series reads. I also have a shelf for series that I'm in the middle of. I'm participating in the Seriously Series reading challenge this year too. I need to make a dent in the 57 series I'm in the middle of.
- Read everything on my 2014 TBR. I have a lot of leftovers from 2013. I have about 90 books on my TBR for this year and I want to read everything I planned to read.
- Write full reviews for 5 star books. I am no longer doing reviews for books, but I kind of still want to do reviews at the same time for more than just NetGalley books. So I think a great goal is to write reviews for 5 star books. Good reviews.
- Get the Goodreads group active. I've modded in We Heart YA books for almost two years and it's a great group with lots of members, but I would love to get it more active with more discussions and what not.
- Finish the released A Song of Ice & Fire books. I'm 300 pages into Feast For Crows, but I started it in August...so there's that.
- Finish the dusty books on my shelves. This is quite literal. I have books on my shelves at home collecting dust. I need to read them.
- Get my Netgalley ratio to 80% and keep it there. It's at 71% now, so I'm really close!
- Don't let school get overwhelming where I don't have time to read. So far this hasn't been a problem, but I've only been working on my class for 2 weeks, so I'm not sure how this will look later on in the year.
- Enjoy reading and not pressure myself. I don't want to feel like I HAVE to read something. I want to enjoy what I'm reading and read what I enjoy :)
What are your reading resolutions/goals this year?