Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Top Ten "Gateway" Books In My Reading Journey


When I was a kid, these books reigned supreme...
Little House in the Big Woods (Little House, #1)The Boxcar Children (The Boxcar Children, #1)Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1)Voyage on the Great Titanic: The Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, R.M.S. Titanic, 1912Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing (Fudge, #1)



Then this book came along when I was in middle school and changed everything...
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)


I lost my way by the time the final Harry Potter book came out and even though it gets a lot of crap, it's what brought me back to reading and will always hold a special place for me...
Twilight (Twilight, #1)

The gateway to my new favorite genre...DYSTOPIA...
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)

My first real contemporary YA novel that made me okay with the genre and find a bunch of new authors and books to love in the contemporary genre...
The Fault in Our Stars

The book series that never fails to get me out of a reading rut. I can devour these books in a sitting...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)


3 comments:

Katherine P said...

How did I forget Little House in the Big Woods?? It was one of my favorites! One for the Money was hilarious I remember reading it right after it came out and dying laughing through most of it. Great list! Some of my favorites that I had forgotten about!

Michelle said...

YES to The Boxcar Children, Judy Blume, and Beverly Cleary!! Those were favorites of mine in elementary school. I can't wait to pass some of those along to my son when he's old enough :) John Green is amazing and one of my favorite authors ever. Everything he writes is just perfection to me. Great list!! I'm not a Twilight fan, but I have to admit that it had gotten SO many people reading, so I have to give it credit for that.

Thanks for stopping by My TTT

Lauren said...

Yes to Laura Ingalls, The Boxcar Children and Beezus & Ramona! I loved those books when I was younger. I want to reread all the Ingalls books, and the spin off series sometime in the future <3