Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books 13.0: Goals & Daily Updates

Bout of Books

I almost forgot that I had signed up to participate in BOB 13...it's my 10th time participating. My last BOB was posted on my teacher blog: here. I have been failing hardcore at reading since having Mason. Most nights, I obviously want to just sleep instead of read, instead of my typical read to be able to sleep. My goal is to read a little bit every day...whether it's a page or a few chapters. I'm almost done with one book right now and had started reading a little in another, so I'd be happy to just finish one of the two.

Goals:
  • Read a little every day
  • Finish 1 book [my goal for 2015 - one book a week]
End Results:
Books read:
Pretty Little Secrets: a Pretty Little Liars CollectionFrozen (Heart of Dread, #1)
Pages read: 41 pages
Books finished: 0
Final Thoughts: I'm not overly enthusiastic at my end result here. However, I'm not too disappointed with myself. I have a baby man who requires a lot of attention and that makes me pretty tired at the end of the day when I'm used to reading. I also ended up with a sick 7 year old during the weekend and that made me even more tired and busy! I look forward to the next BOB and hope that it will be a more "successful" week of reading :)

Daily Updates:
Wednesday 5/13 - Sunday 5/17:
Currently reading:
Pretty Little Secrets: a Pretty Little Liars CollectionFrozen (Heart of Dread, #1)
Pages read: 0 pages (total: 41 pages)
Books finished: 0
Thoughts/Challenges: I've been exhausted the last few days and have not read at all. :(

Tuesday 5/12:
Currently reading:
Pretty Little Secrets: a Pretty Little Liars CollectionFrozen (Heart of Dread, #1)
Pages read: 7 pages (total: 41 pages)
Books finished: 0
Thoughts/Challenges: Today was busy busy. I spent all day with the kids at their field day and then came home and crashed. So much so that Nick fixed dinner without me waking up at all.

Monday 5/11:
Currently reading:
Pretty Little Secrets: a Pretty Little Liars CollectionFrozen (Heart of Dread, #1)
Pages read: 34 pages (total: 34 pages)
Books finished: 0
Thoughts/Challenges:

Bookish Survey hosted by Writing My Own Fairytale
1. How do you organize your shelves? I used to have my shelves organized by author's last name, but now it's a mismatched mess after moving into our new home. I don't know how I'm going to organize them from this point on, but I'm gonna have to fix it...asap.
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres? 11/26/63 - I rarely read nonbeach read adult novels and I loved this Stephen King novel (even though I'm not a huge fan of him).
3. What is the last 5 star book you read? Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? Honestly, any book! Reading is not something I've been able to keep up with lately.
5. What book do you recommend the most? The most? I have recommended Baby 411 to all my mom and mom-to-be friends. In general? I'm not sure. I have lots of favorites and it depends on the person and what they typically like.


No comments: