Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top Ten Favorite Books of 2017

Is 2017 really almost over?! I can't believe it! I love talking about favorite books of the year at the end of each year. I love seeing other people's favorite reads too because I know that I'm super behind on all the good books and I need to know what the hype is about. This year, thanks to Owlcrate, I was able to pick up some books published this year and be part of the hype :) Without further ado, here are my top ten favorite books of 2017.




  1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer - My Review - I have never read an origin story and I loved how this story also had a lot of the Hatter and Cheshire.
  2. My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows - My Review - I was skeptical of the history aspect, but this book was so freaking funny that the historical part didn't really matter. It didn't bog down the story at all.
  3. Mabel Opal Pear and the Rules for Spying by Amanda Hosch - My Review - This is a middle grade book that I got from Netgalley and I adored it. It was the cutest book ever. Mabel is the kind of heroine that I want my daughter to look up to.
  4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas - My Review - Once this book came out and everyone was talking about it, I knew I wanted to read it too. Such a wonderfully written book about a very important movement. I don't know a better way to support others than to try and educate yourself on how they think and feel.
  5. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot - My Review - I have wanted to read this book for 7 years and finally got around to it because I also wanted to watch the movie. I did both and I was blown away by this profound woman and her family. I think it's another book like The Hate U Give that all people need to read.
  6. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli - My Review - The diversity in this book made me so incredibly happy. I need to get to Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens as soon as I can.
  7. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia - My Review - This is my favorite read of the year. Out of all the books I have read (and surprisingly the number of favorites was higher than I thought), this one just really sticks out to me. The anxiety representation. The artwork. It's just an incredible story with amazing characters.
  8. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - My Review - This is the only non-five star rated book to make the list, which is confusing, but I really did enjoy it so very much. It was  4.5 stars and I only knocked off half a star because the ending happened so quickly.
  9. Awkward by Svetlana Chmakova - My Review - This is a middle grade graphic novel and it's honestly something I wish had been around when I was a kid. My big kids have read it multiple times and I can totally see why. It was hilarious and adorable. It had a great plot and even better characters. Oh, and the diversity was AWESOME!
  10. Flame in the Mist by Renee Adhieh - My Review - I had read an excerpt and loved it. Then I read the book and was so in love with it. I discussed so many pieces of this book to try and come up with some guesses as to what is going on. Oh, and the cover. GORGEOUS.


No comments: