Saturday, December 1, 2018

December Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

Last month, I read way more than expected thanks to audio books. This month, I am not setting a TBR because once again, I have started to set "strict TBRs" and then have read nothing on them at all. In 2019, I will try to keep my TBR to less than four books and be way more forgiving when I don't read those things. I'm also not going to try and plan them way ahead of time as I am definitely a mood reader. I just had the hardest time admitting that to myself. Hope you all have had a wonderful reading year and I hope December is the best month for you :) Let's end 2018 on a happy, amazing, wonderful note!


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 1 (I Hate Fairyland)
Series finished this month: x (x) - Total for 2018: 6
Series started this month: 1 (I Hate Fairyland) - Total for 2018: 12
Series tally: 42 + 1 - 0 = 43 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In November, I read 6 backlisted books: If You Ask Me, Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography, The Good Daughter, Dad Is Fat, Final Girls, I Hate Fairyland. My total is 70 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 91% 
Goodreads Challenge: 88/52 books - 169% COMPLETED!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 32/23 books - 139% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 6/10 series - 60% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 9/2 books - 450% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 21/24 books - 87% BEHIND!
Owlcrate Challenge: 6/12 books - 50% BEHIND!
Popsugar Challenge: 35/20  - 175% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 70/40 books - 175% COMPLETED!
Creating & Co Challenge: 7/9 books  - 77% BEHIND!


NETGALLEY 
I started November with 61 books. I read 1 book and added 0 books. So December starts out at 60 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, My Plain Jane, Grace & Fury, Pride, Shadow of the Fox, and Girls of Paper and Fire.

What are you planning on reading in December?

No comments: