Saturday, July 9, 2022

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books Releasing In the Second Half of 2022

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

A belated Top Ten Tuesday because I just got back from a week in Minnesota and missed this prompt. I'm up to 163 books on my 2022 shelf, so I definitely have added some since the beginning of the year. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

  1. The Romance Recipe by Ruby Barrett: This is an adult romance - LGBT rep with a f/f romance which I've been trying to find and read more of. This one is restaurant related with a restaurant owner hiring a former reality show finalist as a head chef. And it seems like it's going to be a butting heads to love situation. Release date: July 12
  2. The Very Secret Society of Irregular Witches by Sangu Mandanna: This seems like a cross between an adult contemporary fantasy and a romance. The MC is a witch who hides in plain sight and is contacted to teach a few witches how to use their magic. The house she goes to also has a prickly librarian who may or may not be the love interest - yay! Release date: August 23
  3. Lizzie Blake's Best Mistake by Mazey Eddings: This is the sequel to the adult romance, A Brush with Love, which I read earlier this year. I have a Netgalley copy and I'm very excited to get around to reading it. MC has ADHD and this some platonic bed sharing (or is it?). Release date: September 6
  4. Foul Lady Fortune by Chloe Gong: I really enjoyed the These Violent Delights duology and I really didn't need to know anything about this new book series from Gong - I immediately added it to my TBR. I also have it on Netgalley. This is a YA historical fiction/fantasy with a murder mystery. Release date: September 27
  5. Saga, Volume 10 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples: [insert Titanic 84 years gif] but for real though, it feels like forever since Volume 9 released in 2018. I cannot wait to read more of pretty much my all-time favorite adult sci fi/fantasy comic book/graphic novel series. It's incredible. I have it preordered, of course. Release date: October 5
  6. A Very Merry Bromance by Lynn Kay Adams: This is the fifth book in the adult romance series, The Bromance Book Club. This will be holiday themed and I'm sure really cute. I have it via Netgalley. Release date: November 1
  7. Bloodmarked by Tracy Deonn: The sequel to ya fantasy Legendborn - I have had this preordered from the very second I could. This series incorporates the legend of King Arthur into it in a very unique way. I am ready to get my hands on this! Release date: November 8
  8. Astrid Parker Doesn't Fail by Ashley Herring Blake: The sequel to adult romance, Delilah Green Doesn't Care, this is a dislike-to-love f/f romance and I'm ready. I loooooved Delilah Green. This one follows Astrid who is tasked with renovating the local inn and has to work with Pru who loves ruffling her feathers. Release date: November 22
  9. Never Ever Getting Back Together by Sophie Gonzales: I have read a Sophie book before and liked it, so when I saw this one on Netgalley, I had to add it to my TBR. I don't think I requested it, but definitely want to read it when it comes out. This is a YA romance that follows a bi MC that goes on a reality tv show for second chance love with her ex bf and one of the other contestants is the girl he cheated on her with...and possibly the love interest! Release date: December 6
  10. Well Traveled by Jen DeLuca: The fourth book in the ren fair series, Well Met. These never end up being my favorite books but I do enjoy them and they are a great pick-me-up. Release date: December 6

Are you excited about any of the same books as me?
What made your list?

No comments: