Thursday, August 1, 2013

August TBR List + Upcoming Releases


This month is not really full of life events, but there are two readathons! One is the Lux Readathon going on from the 1st to the 3rd and the other is the 8th Bout of Books starting the 19th. I found a new group on Goodreads - I was invited by a book blogger I've followed from one of the BOBs, I believe. Book BFFs held a challenge in one of the last readathons I participated in. They have a youtube channel and I subscribed almost immediately. I was really excited to find out they had a Goodreads group. So I'm now part of 3 active groups on Goodreads with a ton of awesome bookworms and I love it.

Books leftover:
  • After the Snow by Crockett
  • Shutdown by Heather Anastasiu
Books for August:
  • Pharmacology by Christopher Herz [LEFTOVER]
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley [LEFTOVER]
  • Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich - done 8/19
  • Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich - done 8/20
  • Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke - done
  • Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep [LEFTOVER]
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer [We Heart YA - BOTM] - done 8/15
  • Pivot Point by Kasie West [Book BFFs - BOTM]- done 8/8
  • Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard [Book BFFs - Buddy Read] - done 8/17
  • All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill [NetGalley] - done 8/1
  • Aquifer by Jonathan Friesen [NetGalley] - DNF

My Reading Challenges from We Heart YA Books! group on Goodreads:
A-Z Title Challenge: 21/26 completed (ends 12/31) - updated 8/9
Series Challenge: 2/10 completed (ends 12/31)
About Me Challenge: spell out SAPPHIRE and EGYPT (ends 9/30) - 8/8 and 4/5 completed - updated 8/29
Spell out DICE (ends 8/30) - 4/4 completed - updated 8/27
Read 2 books that are "Holiday" themed (ends 8/30) - 2/2 completed - updated 8/29


And, of course, I'm participating in Sarah's Random Reads meme...

This month, my number was 1950 and my book was Pride & Popularity by Jenni James. I'm excited for this one even though it's not my typical subgenre of YA. - done 8/29


And a new addition to the TBR list post...

OmensAsylumThe Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)Origin (Lux, #4)GatedThe Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious NaziCounting by 7sThe Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co, #1)The Bone Season

Have you read any of these books?
What are you planning on reading this month?

No comments: