Thursday, September 3, 2015

Baby Mason: Six Months



My, oh my, have the last 6 months flown by :( My little guy isn't so little anymore. I wrote the majority of the post on the 24th - when he turned 6 months old. I have been pushing it off because I needed to upload the pictures and videos to the computer. So here we go...



Stats: 16.9 lbs and 25 inches long [at 5 months he was 15lb 9oz 25.5 inches long]
No, he hasn't shrunk. He is really hard to measure because he doesn't like to straighten out his chunky little legs all the way. So I'm not really sure how long he is.
Eating: Expressed breastmilk and formula. He takes 4 oz. bottles - typically around 8 per day [6-7 breastmilk, 1-2 formula]. I am attempting 4.5 oz. right now to see if he'll actually take it. He tried sweet potatoes yesterday and although he wasn't too sure about them, he did eat the whole bowl. We will try squash or green beans next, I think.
Sleeping: I finally have him taking normal naps. Or rather he decided to go ahead and take regular naps. He usually sleeps from 9a-10a and then he takes two more naps later in the afternoon. Typically 30 min to 1 hr. He still wakes up 2 times during the night. I think I mentioned last month how he does this thing with his legs when he's falling asleep. He picks them up and slams them down in tandem. We aren't really sure why he does it, but he falls asleep doing it. LOL



Wearing: 6 months clothing. Since our dryer is out...it's been just disposables in the diaper department.
Personality: I'm not sure how we got so lucky, but Mason is sweet, calm, easy-going, and goes with the flow. I am on-the-go half the time and he adapts really well. He'll stay sleeping if I grab him out of the crib and put him in his carseat - it's pretty awesome. He is rotten and smiles all of the time. He very rarely cries or fusses.
Milestones: Little guy is an expert at grabbing. He reaches for his blanket, binkie, and bottle. No reaches yet for Mommy, Daddy, or anyone else though. Turdbutt. He can downward dog and he can scoot on his belly, but no crawling yet. He is getting very close to sitting unassisted and he has two little nubs on his gums. His teeth are NEARLY through the gums! So close!

Likes:
  • My phone case
  • The paper at the doctors office - it crinkles!
  • Growling
  • Watching the kitties
  • Being on his belly
  • Our plates!
Dislikes:
  • Teething
  • Loud noises - he wasn't happy at the Chick-fil-A play area with all the kids screaming and carrying on
  • Strangers - he's starting to get a little weary of them.


No comments: