Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Books I Read in November


The Empty Throne by Cayla Kluver - 2 stars (DNF)
BOOK 2 IN THE HEIRS OF CHRIOR TRILOGY

I was gifted this book via Netgalley.
I try to make it 10% through books before I decide to put them down if I don't like them. Because I adored the first book so much, I tried very hard to make it through this book, but unfortunately had to "DNF" it at 25%. It definitely fell victim to second-bookitis. The plot moved like pondwater.

Girl Last Seen by Heather Anastasiu - 3.5 stars (finished 11/2)
I was gifted this book via Netgalley.
I'm really into the crime scene right now. It's basically all I'm reading and watching at the moment. I thought I would enjoy a story where a girl goes missing and the best friend is the main character and suspect.

Kadence is a royal bitch. Let's just get that straight right off the bat. Lauren is the "yes" person that Kadence has chosen as a best friend and Lauren feels she is so lucky to have her until she gets an infection that puts her on total vocal rest. Not a big deal unless you are being pressured to continue singing with your best friend after a video she posted of the two of you goes viral. Eventually, Kadence gets fed up with Lauren's recovery time and decides it's time for her to go solo. Then Kadence goes missing and all signs point to Lauren being responsible.

I like this book and I disliked it. It was written well and was very readable, but the characters weren't necessarily my favorite. I felt there needed to be a little more substance in the storyline. The ending was quite surprising though - I have to admit.


Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige - 2.5 stars (finished 11/27)
BOOK 1 IN THE STEALING SNOW TRILOGY

I was gifted this book via Netgalley.
I was really excited about this book going into it, but ended up more disappointed than anything. The story definitely has/had a lot of potential and I will definitely be reading others' reviews of the sequels, but I will not be reading them myself. I think there was a lot of filler, a lot of stuff that didn't make sense in the story, and it did seem to drag on quite a bit.

No comments: