Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Monthly Reading Goals + TBR


I'm going to try a different format because I've been watching loads of Booktube lately and enjoy how a few of the new-to-me channels do theirs (like Sam's Nonsense, for example).

In September, I finished 7 books putting me 11 books ahead of my Goodreads challenge. I also DNF'd 1 book. I'm currently at 49 books read for my goal of 52 books in 2017.
  • Mistrust by Margaret McHeyzer (333 pages, 2016, Kindle, YA Contemporary) - 2 stars - counted towards mini September challenge, yearly Netgalley challenge, the Throwback Book Club challenge and Overused YA Tropes Bingo
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber (407 pages, 2017, Hardcover, YA Fantasy) - 2.5 stars - counted towards mini September challenge
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (608 pages, 2015, Hardcover, YA SciFi) - 4.5 stars - counted towards my series challenge (but isn't a finished series yet)
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (135 pages, 1865, Paperback, Childrens) - 4 stars - counted towards my movie/tv adaptation challenge and the Throwback Book Club challenge
  • Frazzled by Booki Vivat (240 pages, 2016, Hardcover, Middle Grade Graphic Novel) - 5 stars - counted towards my series challenge (but isn't a finished series yet), the Throwback Book Club challenge, and Diversity Bingo
  • Awkward by Svetlana Chmakova (224 pages, 2015, Paperback, Middle Grade Graphic Novel) - 5 stars - counted towards my series challenge (but isn't a finished series yet) and the Throwback Book Club challenge
  • Tricky Twenty-Two by Janet Evanovich (314 pages, 2015, Paperback, Adult Mystery) - 5 stars - counted towards ABC challenge and Throwback Book Club challenge.
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (513 pages, 2017, Hardcover, YA Historical Fiction) - 1 star - DNF
Pages read: 2261
Pages DNF: 67
Average pages read per day: 77
Total pages: 2328

    SEPT MINI CHALLENGE
    Read 2 Owlcrate books (2/2)
    Read 2 Netgalley books (1/2)

    YEARLY CHALLENGES - should be at 75%
    Goodreads Challenge: 49/52 books - 94%
    ABC Challenge: 17/26 books - 65%
    Travel Gnome Challenge: 20/23 books - 86%
    Series Challenge: 1/10 series - 10%
    Movie Adaptation Challenge: 2/3 books - 66%
    Netgalley Challenge: 17/25 books - 68%
    Throwback Book Club: 33/12 books - 275%
    Diversity Bingo 2017: 13/36 books - 36%
    Overused YA Tropes Bingo 2017: 18/25 books  - 72%


    NETGALLEY
    I started September with 67 books. I read 1 book and added 0 books. So October starts out at 66 books.

    OWLCRATE BOOKS
    Roseblood (currently reading), Daughter of a Pirate King, The Sandcastle Empire, New World: Rising, The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones, and Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows

    My Tentative TBR for October:
    • Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows
    • The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
    • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
    • I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
    • The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
    • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
    • Far From You by Tess Sharpe
    • Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    • Sleepy Hollow and other stories by Washington Irving
    • The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson 


    What are you planning on reading in October?

    No comments: