Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates


My May TBR is small because my plan is to catch up on my past TBRs and read a little more freely to prevent a slump. I was able to finish 8 books in April, which is wonderful (although literally none from my TBR). I, however, am in the middle of 7 books. I am waiting on the audio book for It at my library and I would like to pick up and finish The Cruel Prince, ACOTAR, Nevernight, Unwind, Heart of Iron, and Mr. 60%. When I'm done with some of these books, I would like to pick up some Netgalley books that are going to be published soon.

My Tentative TBR for May:
  • Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated edition) by JK Rowling 
  • Brave by Svetlana Chmakova


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here. In April, I went through series again and decided to remove ones I was no longer interested in. My total is 40 before counting anything that I read in April.

Books read in a series this month: 1 (Obsidio)
Series finished this month: 1 (Illuminae Files) - Total for 2018: 3
Series started this month: 0 - Total for 2018: 4
Series tally: 40 + 0 - 1 = 39 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In April, I read 5 backlisted books: Pennybaker School is Headed For Disaster, Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Spellbinder, Naming the Stars, You Are Here, Fangirl. My total is now 28 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 33% 
Goodreads Challenge: 35/52 books - 67% AHEAD!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 17/23 books - 73% AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 3/10 series - 30% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 5/2 books - 250% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 14/24 books - 58% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 4/12 books - 33% ON TRACK!
Popsugar Challenge: 21/20  - 105% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 28/40 books - 70% AHEAD!
Creating & Co Challenge: 3/9 books  - 33% ON TRACK!

NETGALLEY 
I started April with 60 books. I read 5 books and added 4 books. So May starts out at 59 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold, Before She Ignites, The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Heart of Iron, and Ace of Shades.
What are you planning on reading in May?

No comments: