Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Top Ten Series I Don't Plan to Finish

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

I am in the middle of entirely too many series. Back in 2011 when I joined Goodreads, I feel like a boom of Young Adult happened and I read so many first books in unfinished series. I have a whole list of series I'm in the middle of reading here. Over the past few months, I've started to weed out series I know I will never finish. Whether it be that the last books in a humoungus series have been poorly written or just meh OR I have lost interest in the story itself, these are the series I don't plan on finishing:



  1. Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward: I loved the first five or so and then my attention span for the series waned. I never picked up the 12th book and that was that.
  2. Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke: these have been a guilty pleasure read for a long time. I owned most of them. Then came book 17 and it was bad. Then the following books have been absolute garbage. I finally decided no more at book 22.
  3. Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi: Ah, my dystopian era. I have heard the other books are meh and I don't really remember the first book, so off my list it went.
  4. All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness: I loved the first one and the second one was so hard to get through but was enjoyable enough. However, I never got around to the third book (it hadn't been released at the time) and now I just remember how painstakingly hard it was to get into the second book that I don't want to reread the first two to read the third.
  5. Fall and Rise series by Chelsea M. Cameron: The first book was fine, but it's very cheesy New Adult, so meh.
  6. The Vault of Dreamers trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien: The concept is really interesting but the first book was a little dry and I really wanted to know what happened, but didn't really have the drive to pick up the next book (even when I had a signed copy of it).
  7. Birthright trilogy by Gabrielle Zevin: I initially thought this was a standalone and wasn't completely obsessed because of a lack of world building.
  8. Time Trilogy/Quartet/Quintet by Madeleine d'Engle: So it seems no one can figure out if it's a trilogy, quartet, or quintet, which is honestly a strike for me. Is there a good story arc in the first three or do I need to read five to get it all? Regardless, I wasn't really blown away with A Wrinkle in Time. Everyone talks it up and it's a big childhood classic (that I never read as a child) and it was underwhelming.
  9. Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter: I read the first book way back when and really enjoyed it but it was also that really trope-y YA and I no longer can read that stuff.
  10. Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton - I read up to 19 but don't remember hardly anything about this series, so I would have to reread to remember and uh...I don't have time for 19 rereads! LOL. Honestly though, the later books were just straight up erotica and not so much of a storyline and that was very meh. I don't mind sex in books, but I need some story too.

No comments: