Monday, October 1, 2018

October Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

I am trying to keep my October TBR to a short list so that I don't end up psyching myself out and not reading any of those books that I should read in a month.

My Tentative TBR for October:
  • Mirage by Somaiya Daud [Owlcrate]
  • Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa [Netgalley]
  • Final Girls by Riley Sager [#AYearathon]
  • True Fiction by Lee Goldberg [#AYearathon]
  • It Ends With Her by Briana Labuskas [#AYearathon]


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 3 (Class Zero, Chamber of Secrets)
Series finished this month: 0 (x) - Total for 2018: 6
Series started this month: 1 (Fallen Isles Trilogy) - Total for 2018: 12
Series tally: 42 (because somehow my calculations are off)



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In September, I read 6 backlisted books: Lucky in Love, Class Zero, El Deafo, Chamber of Secrets, Furiously Happy, Before She Ignites. My total is 62 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 75% 
Goodreads Challenge: 79/52 books - 151% COMPLETED!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 29/23 books - 126% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 6/10 series - 60% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 8/2 books - 350% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 20/24 books - 83% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 6/12 books - 50% BEHIND!
Popsugar Challenge: 34/20  - 170% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 62/40 books - 155% COMPLETED!
Creating & Co Challenge: 6/9 books  - 66% BEHIND!

NETGALLEY 
I started September with 59 books. I read 1 book and added 2 books. So October starts out at 61 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold, The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, My Plain Jane, Grace & Fury, and Mirage.

What are you planning on reading in October?

No comments: