Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Top Ten 5 Star Predictions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

Update 6/26/21: I haven't read all of these but decided to give an update on those I did and you can see if they were 5 star ratings below :)

Update 1/25/22: I'm at 5 out of 7 being 5 star reads.

Last updated 3/4/22: 6 out of 8 are 5 stars! Only Darkdawn and Strange left to go. 

5/12/22: And I'm done! 7 out of the 10 were 5 stars. Biggest shocker was Strange the Dreamer not being a 5 star :( 

I don't think I've ever made a post like this or compiled a list of books that I think I will love and rate 5 stars. I'm pretty excited about it and I definitely want to revisit this post when I've read them all. Most of them are from authors I've read from. Nevermoor, Mystwick, and Darker Shade are the three from new-to-me authors, so they are my wild cards :)


  1. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff: I read Nevernight...finally and I was so in love with it. I expect the sequel to be a 5 star read. Yep, 5 star rating!
  2. Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff: Same as Godsgrave. I just expect to love all three books equally. 5 stars, of course. What a phenomenal ending.
  3. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman: I've been hearing since I read Scythe that I'd love Thunderhead just as much if not more. My 12 year old finished it and yelled "WHAT?!" and then went to discuss it with my husband, so I know it's gotta be amazing. Yep, 5 star rating!
  4. The Toll by Neal Shusterman: I have faith that if the first two are good, so is the third. Yep, 5 star rating!
  5. The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend: This middle grade has been so hyped and I'm convinced I will love it. My 11 year old just read it and enjoyed it. It seems like everyone in my household finishes books quicker than me LOL Yep, 5 star rating!
  6. The Mystwick School of Musicraft by Jessica Khoury: I preordered this book because I loved the cover. It's another middle grade novel and it entails music and I think I will love it. I would give this one a million stars if I could! WOW!
  7. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: I got this for my husband for Christmas and he just blew through it and enjoyed it. I love DoSaB so much. The first book is my favorite book of all time. I am sure I will love this one and Nick agrees that I will. The biggest shocker of them all...2 stars. I think because I listened to it on audio. At some point I will try to read it physically but for now, 2 stars :(
  8. Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab: Another book I got for Nick for Christmas. He blew through this one too and said he thinks I will enjoy it. It's been on my TBR for forever. Easily a 5 star!
  9. Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I need some sci fi in my life. I usually love sci fi and I think that I will love this because I like both authors a bunch. Nope, this one is a 3 stars.
  10. Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: These two together can do no wrong, so I expect greatness from this series. Definitely, easily a 5 star. Unfortunately, this one is also a 3 star read for me...which really bums me out.

What books do you think will be 5 star ratings for you?
Were any of my predictions 5 star ratings for you?

No comments: