Saturday, January 1, 2022

January 2022 TBR & Challenge Update

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

Happy New Year - and I truly hope it is a much happier year for us because I think it's no surprise that a lot of us are feeling extra burnt out. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to a brand new year of reading and I'm excited for my plan for 2022.

In 2022, I'm continuing to participate in the Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge (new challenge each month - January is "Fate Be With You" theme). You sign up and are split into teams and finish books for points. They also have a mini game, photo challenge, and charity challenge to get points for your team as well. I've been doing it for almost 2 years and I really love it. The community is great and the challenge of getting points is also great - for my competitive nature!

For my December, I didn't push myself to read a lot but still managed to finish 9 books. Because Words & Whimsy criteria is 8 books for full points, I usually try and get to at least 8 and I did!

For 2022, I have 4 goals for myself (but I'm calling them challenges):

  1. Read 52 books (Goodreads challenge)
  2. Finish 20 series (My updated list will be posted on Jan 17th)
  3. Read 13 Netgalley books (but I'd love to read more because I'm at 99 books)
  4. Read 30 books I've previous-to-2022 hauled (calling this my Hauled It challenge)
My TBR for January:
  • How to Love Your Neighbor by Sophie Sullivan
  • Count Your Lucky Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur
  • Ophelia After All by Racquel Marie
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab
  • The Marriage Dilemma by Mariah Ankenman
  • The Dating Dilemma by Mariah Ankenman
  • Evermore by Sara Holland

And check out how well I did in 2021 with my reading challenges/goals!
2021 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 100% 
Goodreads Challenge: 119/50 books - 238% COMPLETED 5/8
Series Challenge: 23/10 series - 230% COMPLETED 6/22
Netgalley Challenge: 13/12 books - 108% COMPLETED 9/28
Owlcrate Challenge: 14/12 books - 117%  COMPLETED 10/28

 
What are you planning on reading in January?

No comments: