Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books Releases In the First Half of 2022

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

I feel like I have less to pick from this year but I do know as time goes on, I will definitely have more books on my list. So let's talk about some of the book releases I'm looking forward to in the first half of 2022!

  1. How to Love Your Neighbor by Sophie Sullivan: This is an Adult Romance - enemies to lovers + HGTV. I can't think of a better premise and I am ready to get into this because I thankfully have a Netgalley copy! Release date: January 18
  2. The Dating Dilemma by Mariah Ankleman: I found Mariah on TikTok and love her content. I read the first in her Mile High Happiness series and loved it. I was trying to catch up on my Netgalley newly added books and saw this new Adult Romance and immediately requested. I just read the synopsis and it's fake dating which is another of my favorite tropes. Also there will be beautifully written spicy scenes and I'm so excited. Release date: January 24
  3. The Iron Sword by Julie Kagawa: This is the sequel to The Iron Raven which is a spinoff series of the Iron Fey saga (YA fantasy). I thought this would remain in Puck's POV but this one is actually going to be an Ash POV which is AWESOME. Release date: February 1
  4. Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher: I am known to be drawn to beautiful cover art. This one is the richest, most gorgeous purple and I saw witch in the title. It's another Adult fake dating trope storyline and it follows a witch who lost her powers and there's also shifters in it. I feel like this is going back to my roots with Fantasy/Paranormal Romance. Release date: February 8
  5. Hook, Line, & Sinker by Tessa Bailey: At this point, I'm a broken record about this one. It's made multiple lists. This is the sequel to the Adult Romance, It Happened One Summer. I love Tessa Bailey's works and the first one followed a character that was basically Alexis from Schitt's Creek. This story follows her sister. I know it'll be great. I also have this from Netgalley. Release date: March 1
  6. Love, Hate, & Clickbait by Liz Bowery: This one kind of reminds me of the Red, White, and Royal Blue premise somewhat but I think I'll like it more. It's a MM Adult Romance that is enemies to lovers + fake dating. It sounds awesome! Release date: April 26
  7. Book Lovers by Emily Henry: I have loved all the Emily Henry books I've read and I don't really know much about this one. I just saw Emily Henry and books and that's all that I really need to know. It's an Adult Romance - if you can't tell, I've really been on an Adult Romance kick lately. Release date: May 3
  8. I Kissed Shara Wheeler by Casey McQuiston: This is Casey's YA Rom Com debut and it kind of gives me a little John Green vibes a bit. I didn't really love RW&RB like everyone else but I would love to read another Casey McQuiston book and see if I like it more. Release date: May 3
  9. Never Been Kissed by Timothy Janovsky: This is a New Adult MM Rom Com! Again I'm all about the romance and I'm trying to support and read more LGBTQIA+ stories. I feel like this one is going to be really adorable. Release date: May 3
  10. The Holloway Girls by Susan Crispell: This YA Fantasy follows two sisters whose kiss will give the receiver a year of good luck if given during kissing season. But one of the sisters doesn't follow the rules and may doom a boy to bad luck that may even kill him. It kind of sounds witchy and that's why I want to read it. Loving all of the witchiness happening throughout the year and not just in the fall. Release date: June 7

Are you excited about any of the same books as me?
What made your list?

No comments: