Monday, February 27, 2023

My SVT Story [5 Years Post-Ablation]

For previous posts, click the label "SVT" at the end of this post or at the bottom of my blog.

I haven't checked in about my SVT in 3 years. I'm now at my 5 year anniversary of my ablation. Safe to say, it has been effective :)

In my last update, I was talking about exercising and finding that still a little stressful because of elevated heart rate during exercise. However, I do not have that issue now. For a little while, I was having issues playing video games and having my heart race when it got intense, but that has gotten better too (by racing - it'd be like 105-110 max).

I can't see a reason to really update again in the future, but just wanted to put it out there that if you're on the fence about an ablation, if you're scared, etc., please consider it for your well-being and mental health. I was terrified of it. I put it off as an option until I absolutely had to. Don't let SVT get in the way of you living your best life! If you're stumbling upon this at any point in time and want to reach out to ask me questions, I'm available!

No comments: