Friday, July 22, 2011

As Husbands Go


Stats:
352 pages
Published 6 July 2010


Synopsis:
Bestseller Isaacs draws on tony Long Island, gritty New York City, and a tabloid-friendly murder for this smart-alecky whodunit/surprisingly sweet love story. Susan is left alone with her three boys, big suburban house, and nagging questions when plastic surgeon hubby Jonah Gersten turns up dead in a hooker's Upper East Side apartment. Though the police and prosecutors wind up their case against call girl Dorinda Dillon, it's far from settled for Susan. It simply didn't add up, in either my head or my heart, she confesses. And what better sidekick to track down the truth than Susan's rogue granny, Ethel. What follows is an intricate and fascinating dissection of Susan's marriage, family, husband's medical practice and partners, and the unwitting call girl at the center of it all. Isaacs (Past Perfect) brings it all together in this fast and furious ride through wanton greed, fragile relationships, and love worth fighting for.

My Thoughts:
40% thru the book and I just could NOT read any more. It was awful. I don't even know if there was a point to this book but it was awful. I hated the narrator and I was waiting for it to get better. Do not waste your time on this book. I think this is the 4th book for the Clamhouse Book Club and I'm sad that we have yet to have a good book! :S Next month's pick is Outside Wonderland and I have high hopes for that. My next book that I will start today is Quiver...it's for another book club.


 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awwww...I'm sad you didn't like it! The description sounds awesome!