Friday, July 15, 2011

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me


Stats:
272 pages
Published 10 May 2011

Synopsis:
"My tendency to make up stories and lie compulsively for the sake of my own amusement takes up a good portion of my day and provides me with a peace of mind not easily attainable in this economic climate."--Chelsea Handler, from Chapter 10 of Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang

It's no lie: Chelsea Handler loves to smoke out "dumbassness," the condition people suffer from that allows them to fall prey to her brand of complete and utter nonsense. Friends, family, co-workers--they've all been tricked by Chelsea into believing stories of total foolishness and into behaving like total fools. Luckily, they've lived to tell the tales and, for the very first time, write about them. 


My Thoughts: 
Hilarious! The different stories are just too funny. I can't believe how many of her staff and friends and family keep falling for her lies!! :) I highly recommend this to Chelsea fans and people who have a good sense of humor. There were a few reviews where people were so shocked at the "awful" things she did to people around her. It's so ridiculous...it's Chelsea!

3 comments:

Wiz said...

I had no intension of reading this book but I am going to have to now. I didnt realize what it was about but since I do the same thing (make up crap to tell gullible friends and family), I must read these stories!

Heather said...

This is on my list! I haven't read any of Chelsea Handler's books, but I've heard so many good things!

Thanks for linking up!

Denise said...

I don't even know who she is but I think I'd get easily annoyed at the lies, and playing pranks on people is not my kind of fun either !! Gosh I sound so boringlol:-)