Monday, May 14, 2012

Bout of Books Readathon: Day 1


Today marks the start of the Bout of Books Readathon. :)

This is my second readathon, so I'm still kind of new to it. I'm really excited though. Last time, I was able to read 2 books - so this time I'm pushing for a lot more. Partially because I really want to finish all my books for this month's reading schedule so I can start Game of Thrones!


Today's Mini Challenge is hosted by Sarah of Sarah Says Read {here}
“What do you like best about readathons? Do you have any readathon traditions or rituals? If this is your first readathon, what do you like so far? Discuss away!”

I think the thing I like most about readathons is that it's all about reading. It kind of gives me an excuse to read all day. I'm participating in a readathon - duh :P Because this is my second and I don't think I ever really discussed my first experience, I will say that I enjoyed the use of Twitter to connect with other readathon-ers and I'm hoping this time to join in one of the Twitter chats.


And just a little update on my goals:
  • I want to read 1 book a day or at least 1/2 a book each day of the readathon.
  • I want to participate in one Twitter chat.
  • I want to finish all of my April books and half of my May books.
 Books I'm hoping to read:
  • Jane Was Here by Sarah Kerochan (April)
  • City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (April)
  • City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (April)
  • City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (May)
  • Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (May)
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (May)
  • Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (May)
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth (YA Goodreads Group - May)
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver (YA Goodreads Group - May)
  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova (Clamhouse Book Club - May)
  • Netgalley books: Dark Frost, Dark Kiss, The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, Titanic: The Long Night, Escaping the Titanic, The Weepers, The Immortal Rules
I will be updating here on my blog, as well as, on my Twitter and Facebook during the readathon.

4 comments:

Faye (Daydreaming_Star) said...

Woooow! That's a lot of books. But umm.. INSURGENT!! It's sooo worth it! xD

Annnd I still need to read some Cassandra Clare!

Annd, The Immortal Rules is also amazing!

Good bunch of books, great goals, yay! Let's do this!

Faye :)

Lulu and Sweet Pea said...

Wow! That's a TON of books! good luck :)

Unknown said...

I don't think I'd ever be able to read that many books in a week haha! I'm rooting for you! :)

Smash Attack Ash said...

That is one hell of a list! I want to read Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter tooo!