Monday, July 17, 2017

Summer Biannual Bibliothon [Reading List]


I didn't really get to participate in the last Biannual Bibliothon, even though I followed along. This time I think I am prepared enough to do it and I'm excited. The Summer Biannual Bibliothon runs from Jul 23rd through Jul 29th and the Live Show is on Sunday, Jul 30th. This time there will be video challenges (as per usual) plus Instagram and blog challenges. PLUS the normal reading challenges which I will talk about in this post :)

For the group reading challenges, you are allowed to double up (a book can count for two), but not triple up. So I will be taking advantage of that because with 7 group challenges equaling 7 books, I know I would not be very successful. So let's talk reading challenges and my reading list!

  1. GROUP BOOK: Flame in the Mist by Renee Adieh - I'm really excited about this one. I have read an excerpt and really enjoyed that little bit.
  2. READ FROM A HOST'S FAVORITE GENRE: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli - this is from Emma's favorite genre: diverse books. I know there is some LGBTQIA+ representation, as well as, underrepresented body type.
  3. BANNED BOOK: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Funny enough, this book was actually banned/challenged in Knoxville, where I live now, for too much graphic information.
  4. THROWBACK CHALLENGE: Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. I'm using the "Book over 300 pages" challenge for this one from Winter 2016 Bibib.
  5. BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION: Doubling up with The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.
  6. READ A BOOK NOT FOUND FROM BOOKTUBE: Doubling up with Eliza and Her Monsters - found via Owlcrate sub. I had never heard of it. I typically don't watch unboxings until I unbox my own Owlcrate.
  7. LGBTQIA+: Doubling up with The Upside of Unrequited :)

Even 4 books is quite the stretch for me and I'm hoping that I can attempt to finish all four. I have hardback copies of Eliza and Upside and Immortal Life on my Kindle. I just need to get my hands on Flame in the Mist...otherwise, I'm prepared and ready to read.

No comments: