Saturday, July 1, 2017

July TBR List + Upcoming Releases


In June, I read 5 books and am still on track with my Goodreads challenge - actually 1 book ahead. So that is super awesome! I made a mini-goal of reading 2 Owlcrate books, 1 book off my desk, and 2 Netgalley books. I read 3 Netgalleys and I'm currently reading an Owlcrate.
  1. I am working on reading my Owlcrate books. I have Roseblood, Caraval, Daughter of a Pirate King, The Upside of Unrequited, Eliza and Her Monsters, The Sandcastle Empire, and New World: Rising on that list too.
  2. The books on my desk I have: Dead in the Family, The Slippery Slope, This Savage Song, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Simon Thorn and the Wolf's Den, and Aftercare Instructions.
  3. Netgalley books are on my need-to-read-like-last-year list. Last month, I reported having 70 books on my Netgalley list. This month, I'm starting with 70. I read 3 books but also added 3 to my list. :/ Whoops.
  4. I joined a new reading challenge: 20 Books of Summer. The premise is to read 20 books between 1 June and 3 September. 5 books down and 15 to go.
  5. I am participating in the 2017 Summer Bibibliothon and my goal is to read 4 books: the group book, Flame in the Mist by Renee Adieh, and then The Upside of Unrequited, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Now that we're halfway through the year, I'm hoping to pick up speed and get to accomplishing some of these challenge goals. So here I'm noting my progress...

CHALLENGES
Goodreads Challenge: 26/52 books SLIGHTLY AHEAD
ABC Challenge: 12/26 books SLIGHTLY BEHIND
Travel Gnome Challenge: 16/23 books AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 0/10 series WAY BEHIND
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 0/3 books BEHIND
Netgalley Challenge: 11/25 books SLIGHTLY BEHIND
Throwback Book Club: 18/12 books DONE!
Diversity Bingo 2017: 3/36 books WAY BEHIND
Overused YA Tropes Bingo 2017: 6/25 books  WAY BEHIND


And now for the July releases I am stoked for!!

JULY 4
Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton
The Unicorn in the Barn by Jacqueline K. Ogburn [Middle Grade]
Mrs. Smith's School for Spying by Beth McMullen [Middle Grade] 
The Reason You're Alive by Matthew Quick

JULY 11
All the Ways the World Can End by Abby Sher
This is How it Happened by Paula Stokes
What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum
Who's That Girl by Blair Thornburgh
Waste of Space by Gina Damico

JULY 18
The Color Project by Sierra Abrams
The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell
Amid Stars and Darkness by Chani Lynn Feener

JULY 25
Lucky in Love by Kasie West
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
The Apprentice Witch by James Nicol [Middle Grade]

What are you planning on reading in ?
What new releases are you looking forward to?

No comments: