Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Monthly TBR & Challenges Update


I had an extremely crazy amazing reading month in January. I just was finishing books left and right. It reminded me of how I used to read, so I have a very ambitious TBR for February. Many of these books are for readathons and they aren't ones that I *have* to finish. Just ones that I would like to finish. I have a cardiologist appointment coming up before midmonth and I may end up having to get a catheter ablation before the end of the month. I am both terrified and hopeful that this will fix my heart, but I don't know how it will affect my reading progress.

My Tentative TBR for February:
  • The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
  • Scythe by Neal Schusterman [for the #AYearAThon]
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell [for the Contemporaryathon]
  • The Hating Game by Sally Thorne [for the Contemporaryathon]
  • The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner [for the Contemporaryathon]
  • Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust [for the Enchantathon]
  • A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro [for the Enchantathon]
  • Talon by Julie Kagawa [for the Enchantathon]
  • This Heart of Mine by C.C. Hunter [for review]


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 5 (Miss Peregrine, Warcross, Christmas Caramel Murder, Where She Went, Daughter of the Pirate King)
Series finished this month: 1 (If I Stay) - Total for 2018: 1
Series started this month: 3 (Miss Peregrine, Warcross, Daughter of the Pirate King) - Total for 2018:3
Series tally: 51 + 3 - 1 = 53 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In January, I read 14 backlisted books: A Monster Calls, Foolish Hearts, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, A Month of Mondays, The Sun is Also a Star, Warcross, Wonder, Christmas Caramel Murder, This Is What Goodbye Looks Like, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Otherworld, Where She Went, Daughter of the Pirate King, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 8%
Goodreads Challenge: 15/52 books - 28% AHEAD!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 12/23 books - 52% AHEAD!
Series Challenge: 1/10 series - 10% AHEAD!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 5/2 books - 250% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 4/24 books - 16%
AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 3/12 books - 25% AHEAD!
Popsugar Challenge: 13/20  - 65% AHEAD!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 14/40 books - 35% AHEAD!

Creating & Co Challenge: 1/9 books  - 11% AHEAD!

NETGALLEY
I started January with 63 books. I read 4 books and added 3 books. So February starts out at 62 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones, Before She Ignites, and The Cruel Prince.

What are you planning on reading in February?



No comments: