Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for the Second Half of 2020

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.



  1. Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron: I am so intrigued by this book. It's not exactly a Cinderella retelling but takes place in the same "universe". 200 years after Cinderella's story is where the story begins and teenagers go to the ball each year to get picked by male suitors. Our MC Sophia is in love with her best friend, Emily. Oh and there's a plot to take down the king. It just sounds like a good time. LGBT characters, a loose retelling setting, and taking down the patriarchy! Release date: Jul 7
  2. The Fell of Dark by Caleb Roehrig: Another book with LGBT representation. I think it's a human boy and a vampire boy...because this book has supernatural vibes. I am a sucker for vampire stories - always have been. Release date: Jul 14
  3. Sex & Vanity by Kevin Kwan: I'll be honest. I have no clue what the plot of this book is and I don't want to know. I fell in love with the China Rich Girlfriend trilogy this year and although I have only read the one trilogy from Kevin Kwan - he is an autoread author for me. I want all his books. And I'm lucky enough to have scored a galley copy of this book! Release date: Jul 14
  4. Shielded by Kaylynn Flanders: A fantasy where the female MC is being married off to a neighboring kingdom's prince. She doesn't have the magic that her brother has but her strengths lie on the battlefield. I love the cover and I'm intrigued by the premise. Release date: Jul 21
  5. I Kissed Alice by Anna Birch and Victoria Ying: Rivals that are contributing to the same fanfic under anon names and completely unaware that they are talking to each other. Release date: Jul 28
  6. Don't Ask Me Where I'm From by Jennifer De Leon: This story tackles racism with a LatinX MC. I don't have much else to say about this one except that it sounds like it's going to be a very good read and hopefully will be a stepping stone for me to learn more about what it's like to be LatinX in America since this story is Own Voices. Release date: Aug 4
  7. Well Played by Jen DeLuca: I just read Well Met in the beginning of the month and seriously enjoyed it so dang much. So I'm excited to get to the sequel. If you haven't read Well Met, it's a romance set in a renaissance faire and it's kind of a hate-to-love situation except with a little faire roleplaying love mixed in. This sequel follows another character and I am looking forward to reading more about Stacey. I also have been lucky enough to get a galley of this book too. Release date: Sep 22
  8. Faking It by Rebecca Smith: This adult chick lit book is about an erotica author who finds herself needing a little real life inspiration for her novels. It sounds like it's going to be a good time. Release date: Aug 7
  9. Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett: Another one where I don't want to read the synopsis because I love Jenn Bennett's books and I know I'll love this one. Release date: Nov 10
  10. The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling by Wai Chim: This story follows a migrant Asian family with a mother with a severe mental illness. I am super intrigued by this book and looking forward to strong family vibes in a YA book. Release date: Nov 10

Tell me what's on your most anticipated list!

No comments: