Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June 2021 TBR & Challenge Update

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

In 2021, I'm participating in Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge (new challenge each month - June is Queer As F*ck theme) and The Avengers Initiative Reading Challenge (a year long challenge). 

I did really well for the first couple weeks of May and finished 7 books, then I hit a wall when I started work mid month. Then I thought I'd get back on track after the first week and Nick left for San Diego for work...but as soon as he left, my oldest caught a stomach bug and spread it to us. So me and all 3 kids were sick. Granted it hit hard and fast and then was done, it definitely took a lot of my energy and I could read 1 page in bed before zonking out. I read a total of 1344 pages and 38 hr 44 min. My wrap up goes live on Monday. I finished my Goodreads challenge this month and I'm still ahead on the others, so I'm not feeling too guilty about the last few weeks.

I have 8 criteria prompts to tackle for Words and Whimsy this month - every book on my June TBR has LGBTQIA+ representation in some aspect. My plan is to read 126 pages per day to read them all - I have a good mix of formats and some of the physical or Kindle books I have also borrowed the audiobook from my library. I have a little bit a commute for those :)

My TBR for June:

  • The Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James by Ashley Herring Blake [Audio - Library]
  • Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy [Kindle/Audio - Library]
  • I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver [Kindle]
  • Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston [Hardcover]
  • My Calamity Jane by The Lady Janies [Hardcover/Audio - Library]
  • Smoke in the Sun by Renee Adhieh [Audio - Library]
  • Soul of the Stars by Ashley Poston [Hardcover]
  • Amber & Dusk by Lyra Selene [Hardcover - Owlcrate]
  • Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender [Audio - Library]

2021 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 41% 
Goodreads Challenge: 54/50 books - 108% COMPLETED 5/8
Series Challenge: 7/10 series - 70% AHEAD!
Netgalley Challenge: 8/12 books - 66% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 6/12 books - 50%  AHEAD!

My 2021 Series Tracker 

What are you planning on reading in June?

No comments: