Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half 2021

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.


  1. This Poison Heart by Kaylyn Bayron: In this YA fantasy, the MC Briseis has powers when it comes to plants. She can grow them from seeds to blooms. Her aunt passes away and her family goes to NY for the summer to her late aunt's estate but then it turns out that this estate has all kinds of craziness happening to it - an apothecary and deadly plants. I have yet to read Cinderella is Dead but really want to (story of my life), however, this one is giving me a little Legendborn vibes and I may end up reading it first. Release date: July 6
  2. A Psalm for the Wild-Built by Becky Chambers: The premise of this story is that robots became self-aware, put down their tools, and went to the wilderness never to be seen again and have become an urban legend basically. Then a robot comes back and starts talking to a tea monk. I haven't read any Becky Chambers but Nick has and has really liked it. I like the premise of this story and it's a novella length book, so that's a bonus too! Release date: July 13
  3. XOXO by Axie Oh: This YA book is about a cello prodigy who meets a boy in a karoke cafe and has one fun day with him before he disappears. She then goes to South Korea to care for her ailing grandmother and surprise, surprise, the boy is enrolled in the same music academy she is and he's a huge kPop star...who isn't supposed to be dating. I have yet to read a kPop or k-drama story yet but it's been high on my list of things to do for so long. Release date: July 13
  4. It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey: I was sold when it was Tessa Bailey. I needed no further convincing, but then they had to go and say it was for fans of Schitt's Creek and so...SIGN ME UP. I actually have an ARC of this one, so I need to read it. Release date: July 13
  5. Isn't It Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams: IT'S VLAD'S STORY! I have loved these books in the Bromance Book Club so much and I'm really excited for this installment that follows the comedic relief "The Russian" and his arranged marriage. Release date: July 20
  6. The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang: It's been a long wait for book 3 in the Kiss Quotient trilogy. It was originally slotted to come out in 2020. This story will follow Quan - it's been a while so forgive me, but I think he's a cousin of one of the male characters in the other books. He's a playboy who is suddenly now rich as well and vying for the attention of a girl who may be interested but is also engaged. Her sister, Anna, is determined to keep them separated because her sister's engagement is important. Anna has OCD and anxiety (I believe from the synopsis), so we'll get a little rep in there too. Really hopeful about this one! Release date: August 31
  7. Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff: I don't know anything about this book other than vampires and Kristoff and that's all I need. I have it preordered. It was also supposed to be a 2020 release but then wasn't. Release date: September 14
  8. Things We Couldn't Say by Jay Coles: I really enjoyed Tyler Johnson Was Here and I follow Jay on Twitter and really enjoy him as a person. I want to support him and his works. This story follows a bi boy who has been dealing with his mom abandoning his family when he was 9 and is back 8 years later. He is hanging out with a guy on his basketball team and trying to figure out if they are friends or could be something more. It sounds like an all-around amazing book and I loved the family dynamics and relationships in Tyler Johnson, so I'm sure this will be well written in that capacity as well. I really like YA books with families. Release date: September 21
  9. All These Bodies by Kendare Blake: Another one where honestly, it's the author. I don't even need to know what it's about...it's Kendare Blake. I have loved all her books. This one in particular is a thriller about a string of murders in the Midwest. I'm down for that. Release date: September 21
  10. Well Matched by Jen DeLuca: This is the third book in the Well Met series (trilogy?) and I'm hopeful that I will like it more than the second book. This one follows April and the very flirtatious character from the other two books, Mitch. They begin fake dating which is one of my favorite tropes. Release date: October 19

What books are on your most anticipated list?
Did any of mine make your list?

No comments: