Wednesday, September 1, 2021

September 2021 TBR & Challenge Update

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

In 2021, I'm participating in Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge (new challenge each month - September is Dark Academia theme) and The Avengers Initiative Reading Challenge (a year long challenge).

I had a rough August and that is okay. I read 6 books total - 804 pages and 47 hr 38 min. My first week was actually very successful and then my kids all went back to in-person school and that has really been a learning curve. Throw in 2 of the 3 getting sick (negative COVID tests!), my husband going out of town, one of our cats being diagnosed with kidney diseases (and an overnight vet stay), plus meet 'n' greets, band practices, football game (with me volunteering)...and there has not been a lot of time for reading. I think we're finding our groove, but don't expect any time left to just breathe for the next little bit lol.

I have 8 criteria prompts to tackle for Words & Whimsy this month. My goal is 120 pages per day. I have 3 Netgalley books on my TBR and 1 Owlcrate - if I do read them (last month I should have hit my goal for Netgalley), I will hit my yearly goal for both and that would be really awesome. No pressure though. I just want to enjoy my reading this month!
 

My TBR for September:

  • The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes [Kindle - Library]
  • The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren [Audio - Library]
  • The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary [Kindle - Library]
  • To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini [Audio - Library]
  • If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy [Kindle - Netgalley]
  • Witch Please by Ann Aguirre [Kindle - Netgalley]
  • One, Two, Three by Elodie Nowdazkij [Kindle - Netgalley]
  • Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte [Hardcover - Owlcrate]


2021 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 66% 
Goodreads Challenge: 80/50 books - 160% COMPLETED 5/8
Series Challenge: 11/10 series - 110% COMPLETED 6/22
Netgalley Challenge: 10/12 books - 83% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 11/12 books - 91%  AHEAD!

My 2021 Series Tracker

 
What are you planning on reading in September?

No comments: