Friday, October 1, 2021

October 2021 TBR & Challenge Update

Monthly TBR and Challenge Update | The post where I share what I plan to read and how badly I'm doing on my yearly reading challenges :)

 In 2021, I'm participating in Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge (new challenge each month - October is Empire of Vampires theme) and The Avengers Initiative Reading Challenge (a year long challenge). 

September really wasn't any easier than August schedule-wise but somehow I managed 9 books total - 688 pages and 94 hr 58 min. We still had our kids getting sick (all still with COVID negative tests each time) and we ended up taking our Muffin girl back to the vet twice (the second time ended up being when we found out she was in renal failure and we decided to make the decision to have her die peacefully rather than continue to suffer). On top of all that, it's been marching band 4 out of 7 days each week and I volunteer to do concessions and pit crew (helping with equipment). We're BUSY.

I have 8 criteria prompts to tackle for Words & Whimsy this month. I am once again starting to do poorly at sticking to my TBR, so this month I decided to pick 4 books and then just read whatever else I want to throughout the month. My goal is to read 8 books. I met my Netgalley goal for the year last month, so anything extra is great. I'm 1 book away from my Owlcrate goal.


My TBR for October:

  • Survive the Night by Riley Sager [Audio - Library]
  • Reverie by Ryan La Sala [Kindle - Library]
  • The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes [Kindle - Library]
  • The Road Trip by Beth O'Leary [Kindle - Library]


2021 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 75% 
Goodreads Challenge: 89/50 books - 178% COMPLETED 5/8
Series Challenge: 11/10 series - 110% COMPLETED 6/22
Netgalley Challenge: 12/12 books - 100% COMPLETED 9/28
Owlcrate Challenge: 11/12 books - 91%  AHEAD! 

 
What are you planning on reading in October?


No comments: