Sunday, January 1, 2023

January 2023 TBR + Challenge Updates

Happy New Year! First and foremost, I wish everyone happiness and health in the new year and for all the good things to happen to you and your loved ones!

This year, I'm taking a little bit of a different approach to my monthly TBRs. I will be only setting 4 book TBRs. I want to allow myself to mood read more and not have my failed TBR list grow and grow to where it stresses me out. Those books hang in limbo for me until I finally read them.

I'm also setting different goals for my challenges (except for the Series one). So for the past two years, I have hit 100 books. I've been averaging 8 books each month and not feeling stressed to do it. I want to strive to hit 100 and not just 52. My Series goal will remain to finish 20 books. I believe on my updated tracker that I have at least 20 that are completed series on my list that I could potentially finish in the year to complete my challenge. I've been more intentional with picking up new series that are just getting started. Those series also hang out in limbo and stress me out haha. Finally, I have a goal to finish 20 Netgalley books. In past years, I have usually chosen 12 books, but I really want to focus on lowering the amount of Netgalley books I need to read and review. Especially if I want to continue to request books. I have 84 Netgalley books to read.

And as always, I will be participating in the Words & Whimsy Reading Challenge. You sign up and are split into teams and finish books for points. They also have a mini game, photo challenge, and charity challenge to get points for your team as well. They have author chats throughout the month and it's a really fun, inclusive space for bookworms to connect with other bookworms!


My TBR for January:

  • Poison Princess by Kresley Cole
  • She, Myself, and I by Emma Young (Netgalley)
  • The Cursed Sea by Lauren DeStefano (Series)
  • Roxy by Neal Shusterman (Netgalley)


2023 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 0% 
Goodreads Challenge: 0/100 books - 0% ON SCHEDULE!
Series Challenge: 0/20 series - 0% ON SCHEDULE!
Netgalley Challenge: 0/20 books - 0% ON SCHEDULE

What are you planning on reading in January?
What are your reading goals for 2023? Are you participating in any challenges?

No comments: