Monday, September 25, 2017

Prideathon [TBR List]

Prideathon is hosted by Maddy, Marta, Em, and Kav. It is a biannual readathon that is focused on promoting LGBTQIAP+ books. There will be group book and reading and bookstagram challenges included. The dates for this round of Prideathon are Sept 25 thru Oct 1.

I have read a lot of books with LGBTQIAP+ representation lately and I would like to continue to do so. I'm looking forward to finding more wonderful reads and educating myself on a topic I, as a straight cisgender person, do not live and will never have firsthand experience knowing.



I'm going to at the very least read...


The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue, which features a bisexual male main character, Monty, where the story features a m/m romance. I have heard so many great things about this book and I'm really excited to dive into it. This will count for reading challenge #2 - read a LGBTQIAP+ orientation you've never read before. That I can recall, I have not read a YA novel featuring a bisexual male character. The Prideathon instagram page posted a whole slew of recommendations, so if I finish this one, I'll try and read one of the books on that list! :) The group book is They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera - I would really like to read it if I get the chance. But first, I want to read something on my shelf. MUST.

Updated on 10/1: I ended up DNF-ing Guide which really bums me out. I was hoping that it would be like My Lady Jane and I would love it so much, despite not being a fan of historical fiction. But unfortunately, I just couldn't get through it. I've been taking it easy over the weekend because I don't want to fall into a slump with three back-to-back readathons coming up in October.

Total books read: 0
Total pages read: 67

No comments: