Friday, January 19, 2018

Book Review: This Is What Goodbye Looks Like by Olivia Rivers

Publish Date: June 17, 2016
338 Pages [Kindle edition]
Published by Red Sparrow Press


Synopsis:
After Lea witnesses a boy die in a drunk driving accident, all she wants is to leave the tragedy in the past. So she decides to move on--to a new town, a new school, and a new chance at life.

But when Lea transfers schools, she finds herself in the same class as Seth Ashbury, the brother of the boy who was killed in the accident. As Lea gets to know Seth, she quickly falls for his quick wit and passionate soul. But she also realizes Seth is drowning in grief, and he'll never recover unless the drunk driver who caused the accident is brought to justice.

Soon, Lea faces a choice: She can stay away from Seth and move on from the accident once and for all. Or she can confront the horrible memories of the night she watched a boy die and help Seth seek justice.


My Thoughts:
I was gifted an ebook via Netgalley.
The synopsis was a little misleading and I think I would have been more inclined to pick this book up sooner had it been a little more accurate. It was a quick read and one that I immediately got engrossed in. I really liked the bits of flashbacks to the night of the accident that killed Parker Ashbury and what followed. I think that the main character, Lea, was such an honest written character in her insecurities, flaws, and motives. I liked that Lea's injuries sustained from the accident were always in the forefront because they are a part of her, not some nonexistent part that no one should see or hear about. All the Harting characters were wonderful additions to the story. Also....KODA. I'm a sucker for a dog in a story :)

Find on Goodreads

No comments: