Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Top Ten New-to-Me Authors in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. More information here.

So basically, all I would say for each of these authors is that I appreciate their writing style. The book I read in 2017 was very readable and I loved it. They are not all the same obviously...Angie Thomas's writing style is different than Renee Adhieh. But I loved both of them so much. I'm interested in reading more from each of these authors. Some of them have multiple books out (and I'm late to the game) and others will have more in the future. Below I'm including the book that I read from each author and also cheating because one answer is actually three :)

  1. Angie Thomas: The Hate U Give
  2. Becky Albertalli: The Upside of Unrequited
  3. Francesca Zappia: Eliza and Her Monsters
  4. Renee Adhieh: Flame in the Mist
  5. Svetlana Chmakova: Awkward
  6. Jandy Nelson: I'll Give You the Sun
  7. Amy Tintera: Reboot
  8. Lauren DeStefano: The Glass Spare
  9. Christina June: It Started with Goodbye
  10. Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows: My Lady Jane

No comments: