Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer Biannual Bibliothon [TBR]


It's that time once again! I have a game plan for the 2018 Summer Biannual Bibliothon (while I'm also attempting to do my OWLs in prep for NEWTs in August haha). It runs from July 14th to the 20th and the live show is on the 21st. Below are the reading challenges and my chosen books:

  1. GROUP BOOK: The Wicked Deep by Shea Earnshaw
  2. CHOOSE FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S TBR: History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera [from KarenKhronicles' TBR]
  3. TRY A CHAPTER OF THREE, PICK ONE: Paper Princess by Erin Watts, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, and By Your Side by Kasie West
  4. SOMETHING THAT HAS BEEN ON YOUR TBR FOR OVER 1 YEAR: Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
  5. READ A PREDICTED 5 STAR READ: Doubled up with Magnus Chase.
  6. OWN VOICES (DIFFERENT THAN YOU): Doubled up with History.
  7. READ THE LAST BOOK YOU BOUGHT: Doubled up with Wicked.
I decided to not participate in the blog challenges this time around and as always, not doing video or insta challenges either. :)

Updated on 7/14: I went ahead and did #3 where I tried a chapter of three books. I think I'm going to read By Your Side...although literally all three were good so I'll have to read the other two ASAP. I'm hoping to pick up The Wicked Deep sometime today too :)
Updated on 7/16: I finished By Your Side. I'm working on my buddy read of Truthwitch a little and then I'm going to start The Wicked Deep.
Updated on 7/17: Feeling good - The Wicked Deep was okay but it is done. I think I'm going to start History next and then Magnus tomorrow and read both until Friday :)
Updated on 7/19: Third book in THREE DAYS. I am killing it. Finished History last night and now I'm starting Magnus today. I think I'll be able to finish it in two days for sure. I've completed 5 of the reading challenges. This is definitely going to be my most successful readathon in a long time!
Updated on 7/21: To prevent a slump, I took it easy on my last two days. I did start Magnus, but didn't get very far in. All-in-all really excited how this readathon turned out!

Total books finished: 3
Total pages read: 352 + 308 + 320 + 41 = 1021

No comments: