Saturday, September 1, 2018

September Monthly TBR & Challenge Updates


September is going to be my month to concentrate on books that I have started or put on TBRs in the past 8 months and I would like to make a dent in them. I'm trying to make time for everything and really be mindful of how I'm spending my time. BALANCE. Super super important. I'm also starting an unhaul challenge, like how Books and Lala did her closet unhaul, but with different rules. So I'm not only trying to finish books that I've picked up or were on TBRs, but also books that I hauled in that particular month a year ago. I've also been slacking on Netgalley and Owlcrate reads.

My Tentative TBR for September:
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling (started, was on my Summer TBR, May TBR, and a readathon TBR; hauled in Sept 2017)
  • Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows (started, was on my Summer TBR, and is an Owlcrate book; hauled in Sept 2017)
  • Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth (was on my Winter TBR; hauled in Sept 2017)
  • Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart (my current Owlcrate book)


My goal is to finish 10 series in 2018. I have a page that lists my current series: here.
Books read in a series this month: 5 (Leah on the Offbeat, The Fiery Heart, Silver Shadows, The Ruby Circle, Cracked Kingdom)
Series finished this month: 3 (Creekwood, Bloodlines, The Royals) - Total for 2018: 6
Series started this month: x (x) - Total for 2018: 11
Series tally: 43 + 0 - 3 = 40 series in the middle of



My goal is to read 40 books published before 2018. I don't necessarily have a list for this.
In August, I read 5 backlisted books: My Fairy Godmother is a Drag Queen, The Fiery Heart, Silver Shadows, Soul Surfer, The Ruby Circle. My total is 56 backlisted books read.

2018 READING CHALLENGES: should be at 66% 
Goodreads Challenge: 72/52 books - 138% COMPLETED!
Travel Gnome Challenge: 28/23 books - 121% COMPLETED!
Series Challenge: 6/10 series - 60% BEHIND!
Movie Adaptation Challenge: 7/2 books - 350% COMPLETED!
Netgalley Challenge: 18/24 books - 75% AHEAD!
Owlcrate Challenge: 5/12 books - 41% BEHIND!
Popsugar Challenge: 30/20  - 150% COMPLETED!
Beat the Backlist Challenge: 56/40 books - 140% COMPLETED!
Creating & Co Challenge: 6/9 books  - 66% ON TRACK!


NETGALLEY 
I started August with 59 books. I read 0 books and added 1 book. So September starts out at 60 books.

OWLCRATE BOOKS 
Roseblood, The Hearts We Sold, Before She Ignites, The Cruel Prince, The Hazel Wood, Ace of Shades, Sky in the Deep, My Plain Jane, and Grace & Fury.

What are you planning on reading in September?

No comments: