Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Top Ten Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.


I love this topic because I know I will find new shows to add to my Netflix/Hulu queue. I honestly have been binging so many tv shows lately because I don't watch them as they air (next day on Hulu) or get released (on Netflix - looking at you, OITNB).



I will start off with my three all-time favorites that I've watched countless times:
1. Scrubs: This is hands-down my favorite tv show of all-time. I have watched it entirely too many times and don't care. I will rewatch any time, any day. It's the perfect combination of whimsical comedy and hard-hitting emotions. I love it. Forever.

2. The Office: I actually didn't like The Office the first time I tried to watch it and gave up on it. Then years later (after it stopped airing) because everyone insisted, I tried to watch it again. And fell in love. It's now on my permanent rewatch rotation. This is the stuff that I watch at night when I'm trying to fall asleep.

3. Parks and Recreation: After my first successful binge of The Office, I moved onto P&R. Nick didn't like The Office when I watching but he watched P&R with me and loved it. So much so that when I went back to The Office, he also binged that with me and enjoyed it the second time around. We've watched Parks at least 3 times through now. It's what we binge after we finish the 8th season of The Office and want to forget that the 9th season and that weird Pam storyline exists.

4. Adventure Time: I have binged the first few seasons over and over again. This just reminds me of the ridiculousness that is Spongebob (that I also love) but with more outrageousness.

Next are shows that I'm currently binging:
5. Naruto: I have binged Naruto before, but I'm doing it again so I can watch Shippuden that follows Naruto. It's got 220ish episodes, so you can binge it for quite a while.

6. Superstore: I'm late to the game here. I saw ads for it on Hulu and after working in a grocery store as a teenager, I related to the little tidbits I had seen. Nick and I are binging season 2 currently.

7. RuPaul's Drag Race: Another favorite that I was late to, but I am now obsessed with is RPDR. Each Wednesday, I ruwatch another episode and discuss it with a stranger on the internet. It was supposed to be a lot of strangers, but everyone ducked out and it's just me and one other person on the subreddit.

And finally shows I would love to binge that I've seen already:
8. Game of Thrones: I would love to just binge the crap out of the entirety of the Game of Thrones saga. What's NOT to love about it?!

9. Jane the Virgin: I tend to binge this when Netflix releases the latest season and it's just so good. I love the telenovela style and the cliffhangers.

10. A Series of Unfortunate Events: I need my next fix and it's going to take forever, so I would love to rewatch the first two seasons. I love NPH as Count Olaf. Honestly, I love the whole cast and how Netflix handled the books (much better than the movie people did, sue me).

What are your favorite bingeworthy tv shows?


No comments: