Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Top Ten Books On My Summer 2019 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.


Seasonal TBRs...my nemesis. I have discovered that I'm really not good at sticking to TBRs. Nonetheless, I am making one because these truly are books at the top of my "desperately-want-to-read" list. I have a "Read These Books NOW" excel sheet that tracks which books I've started or put on TBRs. That has been a big help with making these seasonal TBRs. So here is what I would like to read over the next 3 months:


  1. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff - if you've been around for a while, you'll know this book makes every list. Ever. I've started this book and it has made 10 TBRs.
  2. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody - I have also started this one and put it down. It's made 5 TBRs
  3. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan - I'm actually listening to this on audio and about a third of the way through now. College is kicking my ass with trying to read anything physically, so audio all the way. It has made 6 TBRs.
  4. Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young - I read an excerpt of this, received an ARC, and I also have a signed finish copy. It has made 5 TBRs. I NEED TO READ IT.
  5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I started this one. I would like to read it and then see the movie. It's been on 3 TBRs.
  6. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan - Another one that I would love to read asap so I can watch the movie. It has made 2 TBRs and I have started it and was enjoying it, but then had to return it to the library because of the massive waitlist.
  7. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - I tried this one on audio and couldn't keep up. I purchased it on Kindle and just never picked it back up. It's been on 2 TBRs.
  8. Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - I started this in a try-a-chapter prompt last July for a readathon. I was enjoying it but another book won out. It's been on 1 TBR.
  9. The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend - It's been on 3 TBRs and is super hyped and I know I'll love it.
  10. The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert - I think this one will be a DNF as I have learned that I don't really care for magic realism and that I think is what has stopped me from picking it up despite making 3 TBRs.



No comments: