Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Top Ten Books on my Winter 2019/2020 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

I have come to somewhat dread my seasonal TBRs because I just don't read off of them. I used to make strictish TBRs and tried to stick with them. I set like a new book, old book, Netgalley book, etc. and then tried to read those books in that month. I realized that I'm a mood reader and that's okay. But I still do try and make these seasonal TBRs because I think it keeps books on my radar that I kind of forget about.

I'm proud of myself because I've read 4 books off my Fall TBR list. For the past few years, I kind of have cycled through with nearly the same seasonal TBR. I've started all the books in the top row at some point in the last two years, so they are already books that I want to pick back up and read. I just struggle with starting too many new books. I definitely have squirrel syndrome.




  1. Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody - I have started this one and put it down. It's made 6 TBRs. It's actually the physical book I have out following me around right now, but I haven't actually picked it up to start reading again. It just travels from my room to the living room to the car back to the living room back to my room.
  2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - I started this one too. I would like to read it and then see the movie. It's been on 4 TBRs.
  3. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan - I had this one from the library and then returned it because I ran out of time and it had a massive waitlist. Then I picked it up for a deal on Kindle. It has made 3 TBRs. I enjoyed what I had read.
  4. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - I borrowed the audiobook from my library but couldn't follow it. I got it for a deal on Kindle as well and never picked it back up. It's been on 3 TBRs.
  5. Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - I started this in a try-a-chapter prompt in July  2018 for a readathon. I was enjoying it but another book won out. It's been on 2 TBRs.
  6. Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend - It's been on 4 TBRs and I know I will love it so much. I think it's going to be the physical book I pick up after Ace of Shades.
  7. Daughter of the Siren Queen by Trisha Levenseller - Now to my new books on the seasonal TBR - I definitely meant to read this as soon as I picked it up. Especially since I started the "series" and since it's only a duology, I will be done with it as soon as I read this one.
  8. This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills - I started this one and by that, I mean I read maybe a paragraph. I love Emma Mills, so I know I will love this. I don't even know what it's about it.
  9. Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman - This book has ended up on a few monthly tentative TBRs recently because I have The Toll in my possession now. I wanted to read Thunderhead right before The Toll so I didn't have to wait too long between the books. I definitely want to get to it early in 2020.
  10. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff - I had Nevernight on an obscene number of TBRs and I read it last month - finally! I loved it and although I wanted to pick up Godsgrave immediately. I need to finish books I've started already...which is a real problem LOL.

No comments: