Friday, January 10, 2020

Bout of Books 26 [Days 5-7 Progress + Finish Line]


To sign up for Bout of Books, go here. It's a low pressure readathon and I love participating. I'm an expert once again, so I will be encouraging as many readers as I can :) To see my TBR and goals for BOB, see my TBR and Goals post.

[DAY 5 PROGRESS]
Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey - started at 12%, ended at 13% (3 pages)

DAILY TOTAL: 3 pages //  0 books finished
READATHON TOTAL: 496 pages + 11 hr 4 min // 3 books finished
------------------------------------------
[DAY 6 PROGRESS]
Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey - started at 13%, ended at 100% (306 pages)
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - started at 0%, ended at 13% (54 pages)

DAILY TOTAL: 360 pages // 1 book finished
READATHON TOTAL: 856 pages + 11 hr 4 min // 4 books finished

READING UPDATE: 10AM I decided to stay up late last night and watch tv with my big kids because they asked me to and you don't get that much in this preteen stage. When I tried to read in bed, I kinda just crashed. This week is my first week in many where my husband is in army training (hopefully the last one for a while!), so it's just me handling all the things going on - the 3 kids, 4 animals, school stuff, speech and ot appointments, chores, errands, etc. Yesterday was pretty packed. I had an electrician come by, my intake call for the masters program I start in a few weeks, and a basketball tournament game at dinnertime. I didn't get really any substantial reading done. But I'm definitely hoping to get some done today because there is another tournament game tonight. I would love to finish Love Her or Lose Her this week. 10PM I did it! I finished Love Her or Lose Her. And I decided to pick up Three Dark Crowns because it was either that or The Darkest Minds and I had Three Dark Crowns more easily accessible. I really need to pick up Ace of Shades because it's the other book on my January TBR. :)

------------------------------------------
[DAY 7 PROGRESS]
Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake - started at 13%, ended at 14% (4 pages)

DAILY TOTAL: 4 pages //  0 books finished
READATHON TOTAL:  860 pages + 11 hr 4 min //  4 books finished

READING UPDATE: 10AM I'm expecting to not read too too much today because we just got home from grocery shopping and we have to leave in about an hour for basketball games. Last night, Cami's game got cancelled because of the severe weather going on. So instead of 2, her first game is at 1:30 and she has to be there early, so we have to hit the ground running after lunch. If she wins the first game, she plays again at 4. If she wins that game, she plays again at 6:45. So we could potentially be out for most of the day.
------------------------------------------
[FINISH LINE]

TOTAL: 860 pages + 11 hr 4 min //  4 books finished

FINAL THOUGHTS: First readathon done for the year. I think it was a great burst of reading to start me off right - I'm already at 5 books read for 2020 and 4 of those were done this week. Looking back at my Goals and TBR post (linked at the top of this post), I accomplished all my goals - I read a little each day, participated in at least one chat (I did both this time!), and cheerled/cheerleaded my fellow readathoners. I am hoping to stop by some finish line posts today to see how everyone did. I'm very proud of my week. I think that ever since I made my expectations low and stopped going "I want to finish x books", it seems like my readathons have been going way smoother and I feel so accomplished at the end. Anyways, I read 4 really great books and started a 5th that I'm enjoying. I had a busy, but really fun week. See y'all in May!!


No comments: