Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2020

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. More information here.

  1. Lyssa Kay Adams - I fell in love with the Bromance Book Club series in 2020.
  2. Kevin Kwan - I binge read Crazy Rich Asians and also read Sex & Vanity in 2020. I prefer CRA.
  3. Beth O'Leary - The Flatshare has such a bland cover and it really took me by surprise.
  4. Emily Henry - I loved Beach Read so much and I'm looking forward to her 2021 release!
  5. Jay Coles - It took me forever to get around to reading Tyler Johnson Was Here. I wish I would have done so earlier. One part I really liked was that the mom was really present in the story.
  6. Brigid Kemmerer - I love fairy tale retellings and was pleasantly surprised by A Curse So Dark and Lonely. Really immersive reading experience.
  7. Rin Chupeco - I binge read The Bone Witch trilogy in 2020 and was 100% obsessed with it. Between The Bone Witch and Kendare Blake's Three Dark Crown series - I got super into YA fantasy once again.
  8. Jasmine Guillory - I have read all 5 of The Wedding Date books and they were just a nice, turn-your-brain-off read.
  9. Roshani Chokshi - I still haven't gotten around to reading the YA books, but I did read Aru Shah and it was really great.
  10. V.E. Schwab - I think this is probably the most surprising author on this list. I just now in 2020 got around to reading Schwab! I read the Invisible Life of Addie LaRue because everybody was doing it haha. I am definitely looking forward to reading more from Schwab.

What new authors did you read in 2020?

No comments: