Saturday, February 2, 2013

Wicked Valentine's Readathon: Goals

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon
Host: April @ My Shelf Confessions

Last month, I participated in my 3rd Bout of Books readathon. This will be my 3rd #WWReadathon and I'm really excited that it is coming so soon after Bout of Books. I especially wanted to keep my momentum going for reading this year - I feel like readathons definitely help boost my reading!

I'm doing things a teensy bit different for this readathon - dividing my total page number to get my daily page read goal. So here are my goals:
  • Read 5 books
  • Read 253 pages a day (1771 total)
  • Participate in 4 challenges
  • Participate in 1 Twitter chat
  • Visit blogs every day
  • Beat last readathon's accomplishments: 4 books, 1461 pages

The books I plan to read:
I Know I Am, But What Are You?Belles (Belles, #1)Key Lime Pie MurderDead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)Everneath (Everneath, #1)


I know I always get comments on page counts. I'm a number freak. I love numbers! So I always do a page count. I take my page numbers from Goodreads. Some Kindle editions will have a page number, others do not - in which case, I will go by the ebook edition. I like to use pages because of the huge difference in some books. For example, the first book is only 279 pages long, whereas Dead Witch Walking is 413 pages.  I'm sure I can blow through a dozen 200 page books in a readathon, but most of them are at least 300 pages.

2 comments:

Kathy Ann Coleman said...

Glad to see you're participating in WVRAT too. :) I'm hosting one of the challenges this time so I'm pretty excited about that. :) I'm hoping to read Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck, Black City by Elizabeth Richards, Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill, Strength by Carrie Butler and Cinder by Marissa Meyer. If I get through three (some are pretty big) I'll be happy, but "shoot for the moon" and all that. :)

Good luck and have fun!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the $100 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!